NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Special Edition 196

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 18>
Author
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 6:09am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I still like the boot stripe- I think it would look great. If the new owner doesnt like it, its easy to remove.

I vote to keep the Boot Top, a.k.a. Boot Stripe, a.k.a. Waterline Stripe, hell, add all three!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 1:15pm
Nothing like the lines of a Closed Bow Correct Craft with a boot stripe.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 1:33pm
the only suggestion I have is for the CCF logo to be in blue to highlite and set off more other than that it looks sharp. What about having christine add the stripe on the hatch cover it could just be hemed on the edges and lay on top and not have to be sewn to the rest of it.

looking nice regardless, and it sounds like it's pretty close to being finalized too.

it might be cool to have ghost images of the older logos within the SN letter as well being vinyl you have lots of options to tricking them out.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 8:06pm
My original vision was to showcase the performance, style and technology found in a 2009 Nautique while paying tribute to the history of Correct Craft through a CorrectCraftFan.com inspired design. There are probably a thousand different ways to accomplish this but I really like what we’ve come up with for this boat -- the Catanium 409, Zero Off and colored deck (new for 2009) paired with the selected color combinations, custom interior embroidery and subtle feature changes like the rope rub rail, black windshield, modified side graphics, added deck stripe, etc.

When looking at the top view mock-up (which is now final), the boat nicely incorporates the orange, blue and white from the site. The latest design of the side graphics does the same. The boat is not a reproduction but a tribute so I’m not overly concerned that the boat isn’t 100% era specific (i.e. that it has a rope rub rail and a deck stripe). I’m more concerned that the boat is a tasteful representation of 2009, CorrectCraftFan.com and the heritage of Correct Craft. As others have said, it’s also important that the boat flows and carries the theme from the top to the sides. That is why I really like the white Ski Nautique insignia, with blue drop shadow. At this point, let’s assume some version of the 2009 Ski Nautique insignia will appear on the side. We can continue to determine where the CCF logo appears, and in what color, and what other elements we can bring into the layout.

The boat resumed production today. The interior and gel are final. The boat will leave Orlando blank and all the decals (deck racing stripe, and all side / stern graphics) will be added by Adirondack Marine after it gets to upstate NY. I will need to have all the decals custom made so I’m setting the design cutoff date at August 4, 2008 to make sure it's ready in time for the unveiling at the Northeast Reunion in Lake George, NY on September 12.

I am reposting the latest version of the boat’s graphic design. I think we are very close to final on the side graphics. I like the boot stripe but could really go either way. However, I do think it should match the deck stripe.

New photos from today’s production will be posted tomorrow so stay tuned.

This final price for this boat has yet to be determined. We are still awaiting final costs for several elements of the boat, including the custom trailer. However, this boat will be priced under MSRP thanks to Adirondack Marine who is forfeiting all profits from the sale of the boat.

Your enthusiasm and participation in this boat build go a long way to demonstrating the value of this site. I thank you all for your thoughtful input.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 11:22am
not sure about the boot stripe, but what about modifing it a little and incorperating the 70's style, be it smaller scale though, but that syle with the CCF logo as part of it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

My original vision was to showcase the performance, style and technology found in a 2009 Nautique while paying tribute to the history of Correct Craft through a CorrectCraftFan.com inspired design. There are probably a thousand different ways to accomplish this but I really like what we’ve come up with for this boat -- the Catanium 409, Zero Off and colored deck (new for 2009) paired with the selected color combinations, custom interior embroidery and subtle feature changes like the rope rub rail, black windshield, modified side graphics, added deck stripe, etc.

When looking at the top view mock-up (which is now final), the boat nicely incorporates the orange, blue and white from the site. The latest design of the side graphics does the same. The boat is not a reproduction but a tribute so I’m not overly concerned that the boat isn’t 100% era specific (i.e. that it has a rope rub rail and a deck stripe). I’m more concerned that the boat is a tasteful representation of 2009, CorrectCraftFan.com and the heritage of Correct Craft. As others have said, it’s also important that the boat flows and carries the theme from the top to the sides. That is why I really like the white Ski Nautique insignia, with blue drop shadow. At this point, let’s assume some version of the 2009 Ski Nautique insignia will appear on the side. We can continue to determine where the CCF logo appears, and in what color, and what other elements we can bring into the layout.

The boat resumed production today. The interior and gel are final. The boat will leave Orlando blank and all the decals (deck racing stripe, and all side / stern graphics) will be added by Adirondack Marine after it gets to upstate NY. I will need to have all the decals custom made so I’m setting the design cutoff date at August 4, 2008 to make sure it's ready in time for the unveiling at the Northeast Reunion in Lake George, NY on September 12.

I am reposting the latest version of the boat’s graphic design. I think we are very close to final on the side graphics. I like the boot stripe but could really go either way. However, I do think it should match the deck stripe.

New photos from today’s production will be posted tomorrow so stay tuned.

This final price for this boat has yet to be determined. We are still awaiting final costs for several elements of the boat, including the custom trailer. However, this boat will be priced under MSRP thanks to Adirondack Marine who is forfeiting all profits from the sale of the boat.

Your enthusiasm and participation in this boat build go a long way to demonstrating the value of this site. I thank you all for your thoughtful input.

-Keith

That looks darn good Keith. The colors blend nicely and it's not too busy or too much of any one color.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 2:55pm
Here's a 3D mock-up, just for fun ...

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
XFooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 3:39pm
My vote:

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/uploads/exterior_70s_blue.jpg
XFooter
Lake Pleasant/Speculator, NY
XFooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 3:41pm
oops... my vote again:

Old Style Graphics
XFooter
Lake Pleasant/Speculator, NY
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 3:42pm
Blue stripe through the bim? Doesn't the boot stiper generally line up with the platform?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 4:21pm
Brian, here it is with the boot stripe lined up with the swim platform. I also added the deck stripe to the stern above the rub rail:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 4:23pm
Second the blue stripe through the bim, preferably the racing stripe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 4:25pm
Too high on the boot strip if you line it up, IMHO
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 4:30pm
It's tough to know the right placement until you see it on the boat. Luckily, you're planning to use vinyl, so it could be moved easily (though not without cost), if it turns out the placement is not good.

The drawing is good, but until you see it in the water, it's just difficult to know. To my eye, it looks better aligned with the platform, but that may be all wrong.

Do you plan to have the blue racing stripe through the bimini top?

What type of trailer will this sit on? Some of the trailers will ding the blue tape where it rounds the nose. Also, as Joe suggested, it's tough not to ding the the stripe as it wraps around the transom. One of my pins got dinged at Green Lake. It just goes with the territory.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 5:33pm
Did I mention that Im not a fan of the blue accents? If black isnt an option, my vote is for white!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 5:43pm
I'm liking the boot strip less and less
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 6:49pm
Okay, here are three options (with the bimini removed):

Option 1 (blue highlight removed from 'Ski Nautique'):

Option 2 (no boot stripe):

Option 3 (for Tim):
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 6:52pm
Option 3.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Option 3.

Ditto on Joel ....(but,your sure the 76's out?)
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 7:40pm
I'm gonna wait for 4.
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 8:16pm
May we please, please see the 3D mock-up with the 76' graphics?

Pretty please??
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 8:23pm
Pulled from Page 2..

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Agreed Joel. Here are some ideas (the side graphics could be any color):

1976 Graphics (which did also have the deck stripe):

-Keith

1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 8:27pm
I know that the above is not in 3D but the Graphics look a bit large to me considering the water line is higher in the the 3D above.

Just my opinion....
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 8:36pm

But I wouldnt kick any of them out of the boat house.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 10:05pm
For what it's worth, I agree with option #3.

Looking forward to the Northeast Reunion! Can't wait to hit the throttle of 409HP. I just nicely warmed up to Rob and Joel's GT40, which is plenty of power, Tim. I completely agree with you.

Ken
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

For what it's worth, I agree with option #3.

Looking forward to the Northeast Reunion! Can't wait to hit the throttle of 409HP. I just nicely warmed up to Rob and Joel's GT40, which is plenty of power, Tim. I completely agree with you.

Ken

Ken, you should have asked for a demonstration! I would have let it eat!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 10:31pm
option 3....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'm gonna wait for 4.

Same here. Like the blue shadow on the SN, but if there is a boot stripe, I belive it should match the racing stripe. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 10:49pm
Try a white pin, on the blue boot stripe. Try a white pin down the each side of the blue racing stripe. Just a thought. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2008 at 12:48am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

I know that the above is not in 3D but the Graphics look a bit large to me considering the water line is higher in the the 3D above.

Just my opinion....

the 76 graphics could be down-sized a little to fit the hull/waterline..

Check out where the waterline is on the 76..

you sure you dont like this?!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 18>
  Share Topic