NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6667686970 442>
Author
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 4:34am
LOL, a 351 chevy motor in that 01 Sport.
Looks like a nice clean 01. I wonder what it goes for? If I wasn't buying a newer vehicle now, I would be looking at that boat.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Originally posted by robertbruder robertbruder wrote:

Wasn't there a hull change from '97 to '98 that changed the wake on those Sport Nautiques?

Don't think so. The deck changed from 97 to 98 namely rear storage lockers were added, and the rear interior was rejigged slightly to suit.

Didn't only the 196's get the TSC hull changes.?

There was a change in the "sport / air hull" when they introduced the Pro Air hull.

Incorrect. The Sport Nautique got its own version of the TSC hull in '98.

I stannd corrected
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 11:10pm
I don't think the hull changes on the 98 sport were aimed at a better slalom wake. Here is the page in the reference section containing the info on hull changes.98 Sport Hull
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2010 at 11:34pm
Mark,I think you are dead nuts on! You have to go back in time to 1998, Wakeboarding was just getting started. The 98 Sport Nautique was the first boat to be offered with a factory tower. So if I were to make a guess at the thinking, in engineering, back then it would have been something to the effect; "The Sport is a family boat, it's hull is best suited for this new fangled wakeboarding thing, so lets tweak the hull a little bit so it has a better shaped wake when loaded with ballast but not so much that it destroys the revolutionary slalom wake that its sister boat (Ski) has with the TSC hull."

So its a small step/hull modification that goes a little bit in the wakeboarding direction without completely destroying the slalom wake. As wakeboarding took off, the v-drive came back, hulls designed specifically around wakeboarding (Super Air/Sport Nautique) came in the years to follow.

The sport is bigger then the Ski, it has a different wake. I love to slalom behind it, and at 38 mph and up the wake goes almost away and is great to foot behind.
LAKESIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAKESIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 12:12am
BFN
93 Ski Nautique   SUCK MY WAKE
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 12:56am
Originally posted by LAKESIDE LAKESIDE wrote:

BFN

That seems like a neat BFN for a very low price considering the engine, also pretty sharp looking. The trailer doesn't look too impressive to me, but I'm sure it's fine. That must be the most pictures I've ever seen on a Craigslist page. Underwater lights??? I've never seen them before, what's the idea behind them?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 2:07am
This boat has come up before on here. We think the trailer is from a Fish Nautique.

The under water lights are mainly for the boat to look cool in the water. Some use them for swimming at night but they are mainly for looks. Like the neon lights on the bottom of cars in the mid 90s.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 2:17am
I did remember seeing it before. There may be more to the story, but someone might argue that a low hours 496 is worth close to that price! I have to think someone will grab it.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 11:19am
Originally posted by LAKESIDE LAKESIDE wrote:

BFN

I went for a test drive in that boat 3 weeks ago. Ironically, my wife and I attended a funeral 15 miles from the boat.
The boat started right up when we put it in the water. One of the best sounding boats I've ever heard. As I backed it away from the trailer, I noticed that it was left hand rotation. The throttle is a shift by wire, which was strange, but cool. We picked up the owner from the dock, and headed out to the lake. An alarm sounded, telling us the engine was overheating. We were not able to run the boat through it's paces, and had to head back to the dock (as a storm hit). The owner called me the next day to tell me the RW impeller was shot.
The owner is the guy who owns Standard Boats. He said he took this boat in on trade. For someone who wants something special, I think this boat worth a look. The boat itself is a little rough. I didn't have time to look at under the carpet at the stringers. The engine looks like it was installed by someone who knew what they were doing. And the engine is freakin awesome. The digital display monitors all functions. There is a control pod to the right of the steering wheel for all the switches.
It did not come with a trailer. If it did, It might have been in Michigan by now.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 11:49am
Yeah a few questionable choices with that boat, but at the price you could have a very serious and reliable barefoot machine... or part it out.   The LH issue could be solved by a 1.23:1 transmission if it was really bothering you..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2010 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

I don't think the hull changes on the 98 sport were aimed at a better slalom wake. Here is the page in the reference section containing the info on hull changes.98 Sport Hull

Mate I tend to agree with you. TSC is also not listed as a feature for the Sport / air, where as it's the first feature mentioned on the Ski.

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 12:02am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Mate I tend to agree with you. TSC is also not listed as a feature for the Sport / air, where as it's the first feature mentioned on the Ski.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 5:56pm
The v-drive SW/Freeport in MI for $2k is back, this time with pictures.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2010 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

The v-drive SW/Freeport in MI for $2k is back, this time with pictures.

I highly suspect that that boat doesn't like to come up on plane very well???

I wonder if CC used the same basic stringer layout like the Torino/Separator hull that run starboard to port.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 2:33pm
Someone told me the original Ski Nautique hull was based on a Higgins ski boat. Could this be the model it was based on???

-Phil

57 Higgins

http://redding.craigslist.org/boa/1926930583.html
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2010 at 2:44pm
I would say that it wasn't just based on it, it looks like they pulled the mold off of it!

That is very nice!
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2010 at 11:07am
http://porthuron.craigslist.org/boa/1895949093.html
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2010 at 11:14am
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2010 at 11:22am
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2010 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Mark,I think you are dead nuts on! You have to go back in time to 1998, Wakeboarding was just getting started. The 98 Sport Nautique was the first boat to be offered with a factory tower. So if I were to make a guess at the thinking, in engineering, back then it would have been something to the effect; "The Sport is a family boat, it's hull is best suited for this new fangled wakeboarding thing, so lets tweak the hull a little bit so it has a better shaped wake when loaded with ballast but not so much that it destroys the revolutionary slalom wake that its sister boat (Ski) has with the TSC hull."

So its a small step/hull modification that goes a little bit in the wakeboarding direction without completely destroying the slalom wake. As wakeboarding took off, the v-drive came back, hulls designed specifically around wakeboarding (Super Air/Sport Nautique) came in the years to follow.

The sport is bigger then the Ski, it has a different wake. I love to slalom behind it, and at 38 mph and up the wake goes almost away and is great to foot behind.

98 Brochure doesn't make sense. There's no step in the hull of the Sport or Air Nautique. There is a step in the hull of the 99 Pro Air which was introduced in 99. I wonder if the marketing department got ahead of the production department.

Also, the CC V Drive - Super Sport/Super Air - was not designed specifically for wakeboarding. That boat was introduced in 95. CC got lucky and the boat happened to have a really good wake for wakeboarding at a time when boarding and V-drives were emerging. So good that they used the same hull through 2006.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 3:14am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Super Sport/Super Air - was not designed specifically for wakeboarding. That boat was introduced in 95. CC got lucky and the boat happened to have a really good wake for wakeboarding at a time when boarding and V-drives were emerging.

Brian,
I think you're being a little harsh. Throwing an tower on an existing platform falls under the catagory of "designed for wakeboarding"
jepoole17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jepoole17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 7:41pm
Carpet-less 1981 SN

Includes trailer. Asking price has actually dropped to $4000 on this one, but the newer ad doesn't include the pics shown here. Not sure if the "wood in back" that's been replaced is the swim deck or what.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 11:28am
73 CC

60 mph boat!!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

73 CC

60 mph boat!!

One thing for sure is the boat needs new speedos or a decent calibration with a GPS!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 1:48pm
Yeah and he's willing to trade for a nice 4x4, just not for "junk".
Doug
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 11:37pm
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 11:48pm
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
LAKESIDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAKESIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 3:09pm
93 Ski Nautique   SUCK MY WAKE
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 3:43pm
looks like it might have a case of the blisters.

Free trailer tho!
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

looks like it might have a case of the blisters.

Free trailer tho!

Hmmm Another $10K ski nautique waiting for some sucker to buy it because it needs a "little work"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6667686970 442>
  Share Topic