Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 21>
Author
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 9:52am
Cru ~ Your 6yr old and 10 yr old are looking great. Both look soo comfortable out on the wb. How long have they been riding? That pic of your 6 yr old cutting for all he is worth is cool.

My 12 yr old little girl Madison up on the knee board and comfortable this year. She is now even starting to cut into the wake and bump off of the lip. She loves 360's and is now doing those while crossing the wake.

Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 10:01am
Also got her up on the her new wake board last Thursday (first time out) Woo Hooo!.

Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 11:18am
If you have some small kids on the kneeboard, it is fun to pull the line in by hand and surf them on the wake. My 7 y.o. loves it.
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 12:12pm
Thanks Emc ~ I'll give it a try. Our HO board rides much better then the plastic ones. Not sure if my 12 yr old can surf it but we will give it a try.
Michael ....    

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 12:36pm
To be honest, I dont even own a kneeboard. We use a skimboard (one of those things you use at the beach). My older kids were telling my youngest about a kneeboard with a hook on it for the rope. I quickly jumped in and stopped that conversation! They can get up on anything....so long as they dont know any better!

They "surf" on their knees. Just pull them in until and guide them back and forth. You can even pull them all the way up to the platform when they are done.

Cru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 4:21pm
TY, they both just learned this summer. The pic of my daughter was on her first weekend riding. She use to ride with me(on the same wakeboard) when she was younger but always just wanted to kneeboard.

My son loves anything I do. He has been WB for alittle over a month. He would always just stand up on the kneeboard so I broke down and got them both there own WB.

Your daughter is cutting it up on that kneeboard, I love it.
The days on the water with the kids are always a blast. We try to get out on the lake a few times a week, gets hard with ball,bmx,cheer,dance,fishing=). Not sure who is having more fun me or them.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 6:07pm
Spent a week on Norris Lake last week.

My five year old.

My eight year old.

Working on slalom.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2011 at 7:48pm
Great Pictures.

I have been doing the same with my 10 and 13 years old girls this summer. The boom is the ticket for getting them comfortable.

Donald
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2011 at 1:13am
Daughter is 10 and has figued out everything and thanks to NautiqueHunter (Thanks Mike and Gail) she has taken up surfing - although the Mustang doesn't make a wake like the 210 we try our best... here is a few of the latest

Surfing #1Surfing #2Surfing #3
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2011 at 3:30am
Aspen got the double skis down last weekend. Age 4.5. BKH

Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2011 at 7:15am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Aspen got the double skis down last weekend. Age 4.5. BKH

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 2:02pm
Didn't take long, nice job!
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2011 at 2:50pm
And showing off already too!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 5:27pm
WOW Brian!
You must be a very proud father! Aspen is a natural skier!
Man I will show this picture to my kids so I encourage them to take the skis!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 5:51pm
Cool Brian! She looks so happy and I know you were beaming too! Like Kapla said I too am going to show this to the little one for encouragement.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2011 at 1:06am
She's having a lot of fun. Must have done 50 runs in the last two weekends. I think we will probably have the regular rope before end of summer. Not sure if we'll be able to untie the skis this year. We shall see. BKH
Livin' the Dream

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2011 at 1:52am
Brian looks like you will be putting a lot more hours on your boat in future seasons.

I like the "how easy is this" wave. I think she may having been waving you up so she could drop a ski or maybe even a "bomb out".
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:30pm
My son did his first tumble up on the boom on Friday night.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 2:53pm
Big smile, nice water!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 4:12pm
nice!!! how old is he?
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

nice!!! how old is he?

Thanks. He is 8.

He spent some time sitting in the handle over the past year, so he was able to stand up pretty quick once he was able to get his feet around in front.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 2:03am
Pretty cool Scott.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

kzhen8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kzhen8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 2:18pm
Love the pictures!! Wow, 2 years old and she wasn't scared? I have to give it to her, she's very brave. My nieces are even scared of going into the pool alone and they are around 4 years old.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2011 at 2:02pm
My kids (8 and 6) have come a long way this summer. In the early season they were still holding onto the boom with their skis connected.

Over Labor Day weekend they both were skiing long-line, cutting on both sides of the wake and starting to lift one ski.

Even got them up double this weekend (my daughter had to ski on a pair of borrowed trainers, circa 1970, just like the ones I learned on), you should have hear her complain.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2011 at 2:12pm
Wow, I woldn't have guessed they came off the boom a few months ago.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2011 at 3:23pm
Thumbs up!

BKH
Livin' the Dream

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2011 at 4:36pm
Looks like we'll have a mini course at the reunions next year.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2011 at 7:31pm
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2011 at 9:49pm
Brian, drop me a note sometime..... need to catch up.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2011 at 10:15pm
Sent you an email through the site. Don't seem to have your contact info in my phone any longer.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 21>
  Share Topic