NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Northeast Reunion - Sept. 18-20

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 16>
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 12:10am
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Ken,

I just called tonight, maybe 10 minutes ago and got a room for those two nights...i wonder what the deal is with that?

That's odd. The woman said that it was completely booked for that weekend. She must have thought I was from MasterCraft or something.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:05am
Where's Farmer?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:09am
Ken,
Marine Village was holding 29 rooms for us. I will put a call into them tomorrow to get the details on rooms remaining and dock space. As was the case last year, there should be no additional charge for dock space but they are not guaranteed either.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:22am
I had to cancel 1 room yesterday so I am assuming Eric got the extra room i had. Right now its just me and my dad going. Does anyone need an extra boat to ride on the 85 might be there wont know till middle of next week. 1 more coat of fiberglass to do Friday and sand it down Sunday, wash it out and paint Bilge 1 coat sunday night and 2nd coat Monday night, redo all wiring Tuesday and Wednesday put carpet in and drivers and observer seat and Thursday night engine and try and get it on the water the weekend of the 12th.
My dad insists we bring it up anyways for the boat show, and maybe get it out on the water up in LG I cant wait to see how much higher she floats and if theres a difference in wake from before with the 700lbs of dead weight of water logged stringers and foam. Coosa everything now with foam.

-Phil
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:25am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Or, word to the wise- dont park your boat so that it blocks someone elses who wants to go skiing early in the morning, else it may get moved 20 feet away.

Uh huh. Moving a boat 20 feet away is not the same thing as parking it BEHIND a building that is 20 feet away. .

Bruce, I've been wondering the same thing about Farmer.Haven't seem him posting much lately. Good to see people starting to talk this up, it will be cool to see everyone again.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:31am
I agree, I love me some Farmer and we haven't heard a word from that direction in a bit, hopefully all is well.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:33am
I agree, I love me some Farmer and we haven't heard a word from that direction in a bit, hopefully all is well.

Wish I could make the whole thing, but as of now I am fighting off a work trip just to Salvage even sunday...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:35am
Thanks, Keith. We're right down the street from the motel. My bad for not mentioning CCF! We'll meet up with everyone at Marine Village parking lot Friday afternoon/evening if that's the game plan.

Ken
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 1:42am
It was pretty funny at the banquet, Mrs. Farmer hit Farmer up for $20 for raffle tickets. He resisted giving it up a little bit. She won the prop!
springsies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springsies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 10:03am
Thanks, Keith - if you could let me know how you make out - maybe I'll call Rachel to see if I can get anywhere with those that were reserved. I appreciate everyone's input. thanks again, Tom
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 11:30am
WOW, the reunion is right around the corner.

We'll be at Marine Village again this year.

Erich and Angela are planning to come again this year too, but staying down the road from MV.

We'll be trucking in Friday afternoon and staying till Monday morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year at the CCFan Reunion 2009!!

It's gonna be GRRRRREAT!
-Brad
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Tim, I'll clean my rearview mirror. I've always wanted to see a BFN working on getting on plane.

From what I've heard about your driving at CCFan reunions you should probably be keeping your eyes on the direction of travel...
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 4:21pm
What time (approx) is the boat show or other Fri night festivities start? I'm trying to convince the wife that the kids should be dismissed from school early as we have a 3+ trip with no traffic.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 5:56pm
Just confirmed with Marine Village, they are still holding 12 rooms for the CorrectCraftFan.com Reunion. These rooms will be held until Sunday and then they will be released to the public.

Those who have made reservations elsewhere, if you can, it might be worth canceling those reservations and rebooking at Marine Village. Just make sure you tell them you are with the CorrectCraftFan.com Reunion. You will also get the preferred rate of $99/night (rather than $119).

Also, for the group, dock space is free, first come first serve. We should have approximately six spaces.

Two weeks from today we'll be invading Lake George!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

What time (approx) is the boat show or other Fri night festivities start? I'm trying to convince the wife that the kids should be dismissed from school early as we have a 3+ trip with no traffic.

The boat show starts around 5:00 pm and runs until dark (although those at Marine Village won't even have to move their boats).

Dinner and drinks will be served courtesy of Adirondack Pub and Brewery .
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Uh huh. Moving a boat 20 feet away is not the same thing as parking it BEHIND a building that is 20 feet away.

Pfft, it was on the side of the building, safely out of everyones way.

Oh, wait, your avatar is a preview to what I'll see. Bring it on!

Hardly, Ken! Heres a little preview for it. Might want to bring the binoculars, the distance will grow quickly!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 8:31pm
Tim, how'd you miss someone moving your boat? Weren't you up most the night on the porch with Quinner?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 8:35pm
I was- no one moved my boat. I moved someone elses who was blocking mine.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2009 at 9:54pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:12am
Tim, we're not racing to 56MPH. We need to decide what speed we're racing to. Let's do 0-36. After that, I'm sure you'll smoke me. There's no way you'll take me out of the hole, Tim. I won't talk hole shots with your '90 though. Did you get the 540 for the BF?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:40am

Tim, we're not racing to 56MPH. We need to decide what speed we're racing to. Let's do 0-36. After that, I'm sure you'll smoke me. There's no way you'll take me out of the hole, Tim. I won't talk hole shots with your '90 though. Did you get the 540 for the BF?

Oh the fun Hollywood could have with this quote.....

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:42am
   Ken Did you swap your room to MVR, or are you staying at your previously booked place?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 12:47am
He's waiting to find out where Hollywod is staying.

Mike, Do you take 101 to Manchester, then 93 to 89 to 4 through VT?

Last year we were looking at schools along 495 so we went that way. It was 5 hours from Lake George to Portland. I'm wondering what Route 4 through VT is like.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:03am
Mike,

I'm still at the Four Seasons...(Holiday Inn).....at Lake George. I booked through Travelocity, so it's paid for. I'm right down the street, very close to the boat ramp and the restaurant/bar. When are you rolling in, Mike?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:09am
Hollywood will be sleeping inside somebody's boat.

HW, are you ready to see me spank Tim's BFN? I'm ready to kick some ace!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:18am
Tim, what prop did you purchase?
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:38am

Tim bought the one that will whip ****ss on you....hehe

Come on were are the **alls in this race...

Now I think I hear Ken getting the check book out for part's...

Let the fun begin..
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 1:47am
   Bruce, the ride up 89 is kind of lame,but it's better than any road thru Mass. Rt 4 thru Woodstock and up past Killington/Pico isn't bad. Kind of scenic,small towns,some 2 lane twisty,some 4 lane straight.There was some small construction last year but not too bad. It took about 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 hours from York with no boat and I was running 75-80 all the way up 89. I'm guessin it will take a bit longer this year towing,but I'm in no rush,got all day. I actually took Rt 4 out of Newington and went to Concord that way. Plan your route home with caution, the NASCAR race makes a real mess of traffic in the Concord area Sunday afternoon.

Ken,
     I'll be there Thursday afternoon.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Last year we were looking at schools along 495 so we went that way. It was 5 hours from Lake George to Portland. I'm wondering what Route 4 through VT is like.

Rt 4 Coming across VT can only be described as slow. Its pretty, but many times you're forced to slow down to 25-30 mph even after going through that first small town before quechee gorge. But if youre coming from, NH, ME, eastern MA and possibly parts of CT its kind of the only way to go.

Mike is right about the speeds capable when going rt 89.

Were you guys checking out Umass Lowell last year? Thats the only school I can think of thats off of 495 between Portland and 93 before you head north to NH
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2009 at 11:11am
We checked out WPI, Worcester and RPT, Troy. I'd never been over that way, so we came back the same way. It was a little less than 5 hours to get home at night with no traffic. Doesn;t sound any longer than going through NH, although I hate 495.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 16>
  Share Topic