NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obamarama

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 12:58pm
yeah yeah, GW, giveth and taketh away, I got clipped for 40%...once again smoke and mirrors
"the things you own will start to own you"
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 1:08pm
Dave,

I understand the point you are trying to make, but it is still a regressive tax. If a lower income person engages in any of the transactions that the tax covers, they will be taxed equally (percentage wise) to someone of a higher income stature. Yes, the higher income person will likely engage in more transactions, but they don't have to either.

Most economists will refer to flat taxes, sales taxes and exise taxes as regressive, because it isn't a tiered system where the higher income folks pay more and the lower income folks pay less (or nothing). This tax would fall into that category.

I agree how this bill could breed a heavier reliance on cash or transactions not subject to the tax. That's the thing that cracks me up. These politicians come up with new tax schemes thinking they can guarantee more revenue, and we can usually find a way around it, so they don't produce the revenue they thought. Meanwhile, they keep spending and find themselves in a pickle when they have a deficit.

Here's a novel concept...stop spending instead of trying to figure out ways to increase revenue.

If you or I were struggling to make ends meet, we would typically find ways to spend less money in our household to balance the budget. Yes, we could possibly look to increase revenue too, but that isn't always feasible and we don't have the power to just make it so. I would love to see Washington apply this same sort of principle and stop coming up with more ways to tax and already overtaxed populace.

Something that also strikes me as funny is that a lot of these politicians don't get it. Have you ever looked at revenues related to tax policy? Most of th time revenues go up when taxes are cut. The way the politicians behave, it is like they totally ignore that data. Or, at least many of them do.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

yeah yeah, GW, giveth and taketh away, I got clipped for 40%...once again smoke and mirrors

What would you have gotten "clipped" for before the current tax configuration? Has your accountant looked to see what you're going to be clipped for if the current tax configuration is let to expire?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I'm waiting for them to figure out how to tax internet commerce.

Careful what you wish for..... They are working on it!!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 1:39pm
I'm not wishing for it! But, I know it has to drive them crazy knowing all the business that is done on the internet and they don't have their hands in it.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Here's a novel concept...stop spending instead of trying to figure out ways to increase revenue.

Exactly
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 3:47pm
Okie got it...

Pisses me off when he is really trying to seperate "Church and State" in the U.S. Boy I can not wait to get to the booth and vote. I will drink a 12 pk that night and will be jumping up and down when I see if "America" has come toghter...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 5:42pm
I hope it os televised when Nancy Pelosi has to hand over the Airplane
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 6:35pm
2 wrongs dont make a right, I was referring to my 401 btw, snuck in and took it. I would rather pay a capital gains tax than get clipped for 40%.
Bruce, whats going to happen with the foreclosure crises and the lost paper trail, my friend is in that situation, 16 months no payment, 1st lender was Countrywide loan and the loan was sold and the lawyers filed a petition to come up with all the paperwork which will probably delay foreclosure for another year. what happens if they cant come up with the paperwork keeping in mind that thousands and thousands of loans were handled this way
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2010 at 11:09am
be an American, if every family in the US sent Uncle Sam a check for $86,019.00 we could wipe out the national debt....get out your checkbook, a few years back it would be possible to run to the bank and get a check that big
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2010 at 11:14am
im going to see if i can be Jesse Ventura's side kick on his new show "conspiracy theory" I was glued to the TV last night, underground bunkers for 2012 for the rich, global warming.
the taboo has been placed on conspiracy's over the years, kinda like the boy that cried wolf, but one day the boy did get ate by the wolf
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2010 at 11:23am
Eric, I don't know how the forecloser crisis will work out, but it amazes me how poorly the money and legalities are handled. If I was in forecloser, I would think it was a good thing the paper work was all screwed up. In Maine appraisers have done very little forecloser work. The lenders have relied on broker opinions. I hear USDA loans are the new sub prime loans. All the players seem the same to me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2010 at 11:51am
I would think that on the title to the house not showing any liens such as the mortgage holder you would be free and clear??? I really can foresee the judge saying shame on you lender with no evidence to back up the lien on the property. very sloppy.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2010 at 2:09pm
Jesse made some very interesting discoveries. If there is any truth to what he discovered the governmnet will surely put an end to that show. I for one side with him as many experts do agree on climate changes being a normal occurance. The idea that Al Gore and others are profitting from a media spun scare seems very plausible.

The airport and underground bunkers saving the "chosen ones" is another avenue where I believe our government knows more than the average citizen and is looking out for only themselves. Once again if this becomes questioned Jesse will be stifled.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2010 at 3:20pm
your cracking slowly hard, makes you believe the gov isn't all black and white. i do believe with the missile silo's, it is the private sector creating "fear" and selling spots....maybe like the 2000 bug??? Pete knows all about that lol
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2010 at 1:41pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2010 at 4:42pm

your cracking slowly hard, makes you believe the gov isn't all black and white. i do believe with the missile silo's, it is the private sector creating "fear" and selling spots....maybe like the 2000 bug??? Pete knows all about that lol

Trust me Eric The Government IS involved!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2010 at 7:24pm

im going to see if i can be Jesse Ventura's side kick on his new show "conspiracy theory" I was glued to the TV last night, underground bunkers for 2012 for the rich, global warming.
the taboo has been placed on conspiracy's over the years, kinda like the boy that cried wolf, but one day the boy did get ate by the wolf

That guy there is freeking joke!!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2010 at 2:08am
I hate to admit it but I voted for Jesse,If he would have been 1/4 the govenor he campained to be he might have been minnesotas greatest ever. Unfortunatly he was a thin skined egomaniac way over his head that surounded himself with liberal advisors. He chose to focus on how the media treated him rather than what he could do for the state. He melted down into a total disgrace. He is an absolute master of self promotion. I would not label him a complete joke, more like a characature(sp?)of himself.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2010 at 10:04am
wrestler gone bad? actor gone bad over there in Cali? you boys out west might be smoking bud legally by year end
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2010 at 2:18pm

I was referring to my 401 btw, snuck in and took it. I would rather pay a capital gains tax than get clipped for 40%.

So, what does that have to do with the "Bush Tax Cuts"?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 10:22am
I'll use a word that comes up often.. "not on my watch"
If i do recall...... maybe that was pre voodoo obama, He jumped back into the past '
Bush, sure good for personal gain monitarily, as for the country, he gets an f minus.'
btw, right now is not a good time for tax cuts.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by 89Ski_Nautique 89Ski_Nautique wrote:

Within two years of his administration, first the White House Chief of Staff resigns and now the National Security Advisor to Obama resigns today.

Looks like the "Rats are Leaving the Sinking Ship"!

Your memory is very short.

Forty-two Bush Administration appointees resigned over the 8 years Bush was in office. Do some research and look at how corrupt a lot of those people were that resigned. Remember Scooter Libby G W's Boy?

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

I really like the woman up there, can not think of her name.

Yea, I will never forget old whats her name.

Christine O'Donnell.. Great women, awsome views. Shawn Hannity the man, interviewed her the other night. She spoke of the US Constitution and how the it is the country's backbone and what I stand for. She has got my vote.

Ha ha, Christine O'Donnell? The witch? Really? And Hannity? You should watch Christopher Hitchens B-smack him. Hitchens Hannity
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 8:05pm
I voted today. One button is all it took.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 8:10pm
Hitchens? What a fking joke?? Give me a break, he is in same line as Woppie freking Goldberg. Both dumb asses that dont see the real point.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 10:14pm

Why the he!! not? It is a great time for spending and tax cuts. Every time taxes are reduced the economy grows and government collections go up. It has worked every time. Unemployment is climbing to near ten percent again, we have staqgflation, and more people on food stamps than ever before. Time to stop punishing businesses and succesful people. Motivate them and let them lose. Obama admitted there were no shovel ready jobs. We sent medicare stimulus checks to dead people and prison inmates. Obama said he would not rest until the economy was fixed but instead he has taken record numbers of vacations and played over 50 rounds of golf in less than two years. Governments solutions are not working. Time to give us hope and change back to policies that work, not just reward unions and political allies.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 10:28pm

Hitchens? What a fking joke?? Give me a break, he is in same line as Woppie freking Goldberg. Both dumb asses that dont see the real point.

He is a joke with regards to how he supported the invasion of Iraq. Other than that his knowledge on history and religion are second to only a few. And he is certainly regarded as an intellectual.

And what is the "real point" you speak of?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Why the he!! not?

Because you can't give healthcare, campaign all over the country, benefits to unemployed, welfare, illegals schooling, foodstamps, take vacations with family & friends, bail out banks, auto companies, and be on TV everyday and expect to give tax breaks too!
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2010 at 11:03pm
Half of American households get Govt benefits, HALF...think about that.

Source: Entitlements grow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789>
  Share Topic