Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6970717273 442>
Author
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2010 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

'86 Martinique

Do we have any Queen City or nearby members that could check this out for me?

I'd be glad to take a look for you Bruce. I'll email the guy to get some details and find out where it is.

I went to look at this boat last week. It's some high school kid that is responding to the emails, I let him know that there were a few things wrong with the boat and he just got nasty. I have a bunch of pictures if you would like. I would say dont waste your time.....
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2010 at 1:10pm
Here is a link to the pictures I took. The bottom of the boat feels like rubbing your hand on sandpaper. I think it's called "Thread" and is caused from sitting in the water all the time.

1986 Martn in Manchester NH
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2010 at 4:50pm
Nelson,

Thanks for taking a look at this one. I have been thinking hard about it and now I feel better!!!! I was thinking about it as a replacement for the pontoon, but I will pass. Price seemed too good to be true.

Donald
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2010 at 5:59pm
Ya, tell me about it. I wasnt very happy when I got there, cost me over $50 in gas. Based on what the owners son told me, looking at it was only a formality. I had every intention to bring it home. Did you end up looking at it? Not to mention that the kid was very sneaky, he wouldnt send me any more pictures then the one posted on craigslist and insisted that there was nothing wrong with it. I am pretty sure it needs a floor, hull needs to be complety sanded and gelcoated and I would bet the stringers are bad..etc.etc....Anyway sorry to complain, still a bit of a sore spot with me.. Glad I could help you make up your mind.
Nelson
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 12:44pm
If you guys are seriously looking for a descent priced Martinique I am selling mine to move up to a Sport Nautique.

It has been on the CCF forums for quite a while. It is by no means perfect and has had some fiberglass work done on it by Nolley's Quality Fiberglass Repair. Anyways from one CCF guy to another we should be able to evaluate the boat at or near the same value.
Current: 1988 Sierra Supreme
Past: 1986 Correct Craft Martinique, 1984 Ski Supreme, 1984 Bare Foot Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 12:57pm
Good to know Nelson. I received some photos from the owner and it did look rough.

Robert, I was interested in it for a friend who is interested in a bigger cruising boat. He alrteady has a ski boat. The price is what caught his eye. Like Donald said, if the price seems too good to be true... I imagine you want considerably more for yours.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 2:14pm
Mine is currently listed at $6500 on CCF. Over the winter I will be checking the condition of the floor and stringers and may replace them and adjust the price accordingly if any work is done.

I would say the general rule of thumb for any CC is that anything under $5k should be considered a project boat.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by robertbruder robertbruder wrote:

Mine is currently listed at $6500 on CCF. Over the winter I will be checking the condition of the floor and stringers and may replace them and adjust the price accordingly if any work is done.

I would say the general rule of thumb for any CC is that anything under $5k should be considered a project boat.

Robert, not sure I agree there is a rule of thumb and a price threshold. The guy that bought the Barefoot Skier (granted not a CC) put some elbow grease and skill into play and has a great boat for around $2000. Yes, it was a project boat in that it needed work, but not a boat that needed a winter of stringers/gel etc. type of work.

I see '60's era boats for $2,500 to $4,500 all the time, and many of them are drop in the water ready to run. It doesn't mean they don't have some rot and other mechanical/cosmetic issues, but they may have years of use left before the big project is tackled.

Not trying to argue with you, but like all things there are good buys if you look long enough.

By the way, your Martinique looks very nice!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 4:14pm
I don't disagree with anything you said. Just supporting the too good to be true statement above
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 9:30pm
OK, Donald where are you at. I guess my 93 was a 'project' boat too at $5500 !!

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 11:17pm
Marty,

We all know that you stole that boat. Then you painted the rims purple so the police will not find it. LOL !!!!!!!

I paid $4,800 for mine. The boat has not been a project, but the trailer has been a big one. Once I do the pin strip and put on your decals it will be finished. I did the touch up paint on the new welds this weekend. Car Quest here in Denver was able to match the paint with the same system you have.

Deals can be found all the time.

JMO

Donald

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 2:55am
I guess I mispoke. There are deals out there. It does seem that 5000 is a reasonable threshold to expect to pay for something that wouldn't need any work.

I actually sold my supreme for 4500 and it had new stringers, new upholstery, new carpet, a tower and all new teak with 600 hours. Even with all of this it did have a few minor scratches.

I have picked up several project inboards in the 1500 to 2000 range.

I'm just saying there is a difference between water ready and finished.
ryanowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

64 CC

Someone close enough to call and find out about the 'extra' motor? What kind and how much?

Marty,

I called on this. I'm considering going to have a look. The extra motor is another Buick V6 and it comes with the boat.

Ryan
Toigs325 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toigs325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 1:15pm
302s & Velvet Drives

Not a correct craft but the engines and tranny's could be used and it looks like its going to go for cheap.
2003 Ski Nautique 196 SE
1966 Correct Craft Mustang
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 3:20pm
93 ski needs motor

I wish I had another couple of grand saved up.... this could be a good deal for someone that is in the market in the seattle area.   I am guessing that he won't get too many bites at 6900, but if you could talk him down to 5k, I would bet this would start to come into focus.
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2010 at 2:08pm
Ski Tique project $1800 in Vermont

Diamond in the Rough?
He who dies with the most toys, wins

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2010 at 3:15pm
That does in fact look rough.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2010 at 8:30pm
Marty, I think your purple machine is looking for a friend:

'93 Purple Nautique
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2010 at 9:33pm
Wonder if that was a late 93 build? It has the Nautiques by CC decals like Randy's 93 Sport. Any gurus out there can tell me if that's right?
Are you gonna buy it 63 Skier--David-? That way we would almost match in boats
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2010 at 3:25am
If it's in good shape, 9 grand is not too bad a deal. Might be worth taking a look at, though I'm still hoping to find a Sport.
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2010 at 11:56am

This one is listed on the for sale section of CCF also. Looks like the hard expensive stuff is done...I emailed the owner looking for more photos but havnt heard back.

1967 Wildcat
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2010 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Nelson Nelson wrote:

This one is listed on the for sale section of CCF also. Looks like the hard expensive stuff is done...I emailed the owner looking for more photos but havnt heard back.

1967 Wildcat

I hope the picture in the listing that shows the floor/stringers is the before the supposed job was done! Watch out, when you get the pictures, make sure you post them. Make sure they include work in progress on the stringer job.

A 427 what??? Ask!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2010 at 12:20pm
That "427" wildcat is close to me, Reid talked to the owner. Likely has a 352 or 390, not 427.   
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2010 at 1:25am
Thought these might interest someone.

Inboard Marine Engines
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 2:11am
bringing this thread back up

glastron?
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2010 at 11:23am
This looks like a fun boat:

another glasstron
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2010 at 6:48pm
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2010 at 6:51pm
What is that? No wood, all glass?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2010 at 6:54pm

What is that? No wood, all glass?

Looks like a MC, or maybe a clone. MC went all glass in '83.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2010 at 8:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6970717273 442>
  Share Topic