Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2009 CCF Special Edition 196

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 18>
Author
LGKen82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGKen82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 12:42am
The bow stripe is going to be interesting to install. The bow ribs follow a wave formation and may cause some conflict. Any thoughts on other ideas?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 1:00am
Ken,
Can't you just stripe the center instead of it offset???

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 10:00am
The mock up appears to be more of an apricot colour than the actual hull that is definately orange.

So the contrast between the blue or white is not represented as it actually will be on the hull.

I think the boot stripe is a must but in the classic waterline position.

I'm starting to sway to the white deck & boot stripe but separated from the orange with the blue pin. It matches the interior theme nicely.

The contours in the bow deck may be a challenge with the GT stripe may have to apply the vinyl and see how it looks on the actual deck before deciding if it fits the shape.

I assume the 76 graphics are still out of the question?. One last try before I give it up.

I liked 79's idea. Any chance of a mock up?

"not sure about the boot stripe, but what about modifying it a little and incorperating the 70's style, be it smaller scale though, but that style with the CCF logo as part of it."
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Although they will all look great, B.

Agreed HW! But I still like it even better without bootstripe...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 1:18pm
Dave Hendricks send me five more photos from the end of the day yesterday.

Here are a couple of them:

There is also a great shot of the bow that shows the bow ribs. This will be a little bit of a challenge but I still think it's possible. I plan to have several versions of the deck stipes and lots of extra material created to allow for trial and error.

I've asked Reid if he could supply the measurments from his Mustang he brought to Green Lake which has both the deck racing stripe and the boot stripe.

Centered deck stripes would be easier but I'm not sure it still look like a CC. I'll play with the mockup and see but I'm affraid it would resemble another boat too much.

Check out all the new photos

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 1:20pm
Here's the bow shot:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 1:29pm

Whats that "oval black thingy" in the exhaust pipe!?!!

We want CCF retro... we want NOISE!!!!

Maybe Dave can stay late some night and deep six that!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 3:49pm
What are the black, what appear to be plastic covers, on the bow deck just in front of the corner of the windshield? GPS antennas?

Colored decks rock! Great to see them back!

Is it getting the walk-thru windshield?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 4:24pm
The black plastic covers are, in fact, the GPS antennas. No walk-through windshield on this order. I do really like mine on my '94 but we decided to keep that aspect of the boat retro. Plus I wanted to keep the deck clear.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
dsums View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 11:50pm
It definately looks great. It is amazing how fast it can get put together. I can understand you want retro in regards to a walk-thru windshield but I sure wish my '01 had one. The step over is stretching the limit of those of us with short legs. Combine that with a good coat of wax and it has the potential for entertainment value. It has been mentioned a couple of times to leave the blue shadowing on the SN graphics. That has my vote if it is still possible. I think it sets it off from the orange better than just the white graphics.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 12:39am
Looks awesome. Keith has to have the biggest grin watching this come together.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 1:19am
Keith, the dimensions on the original factory stripe as measured from a 71 Mustang are:" 5/8" stripe- 3/8" gap- 2-1/4" stripe- 3/8" gap- 5/8" stripe. When I had those recently made for our GL trip below, they were made to that same spec. I wish I'd added them years ago. And the CCFan logo didn't look bad either. I've got my fingers crossed that these can still be made to work somehow on the new boat.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 1:54am
Forgot about the boot top. There were various stipe designs used back in the 60s-70's. The one it appears we've been most suggesting is the one used from about 71-75 or so. It actually starts out a 2" at the stern and tapered to about 1" at the bow stem. On these hulls it was more of an accent strip than a waterline stripe/boot top stripe as it was several inches higher and followed the hard line of the chine up towards the bow, and not the actual water level. Older boats, such as the Cudas, Mustangs, and esp the Classics, had stripes which were truer water stripes. Just an observation and a few samples.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 2:38am
Looks like Gary's boot stripe lines up with the platform. Still not sure if that would be too high on the CCF boat. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 3:27pm
Thanks Reid! I do like the idea of the boot stripe being an accent rather than a water line marker. At this point, we'll have several made up and see how they look. We(Adirondack Marine) will have about four weeks to play with it before the unveal at the Northeast Reunion on September 12th.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Looks awesome. Keith has to have the biggest grin watching this come together.

You're not kidding

This boat is turning out amazing! From what I hear, it's getting a lot of attention from the guys in production as well.

Today is a scheduled non-production day. Dave Hendricks did send me another batch of photos form the end of the day yesterday with the plyon and interior installed. Man, does the custom interior look nice!

Here's a teaser:

Check out all the new photos.

I belive the boat gets wet on Monday for the water test. It should ship around Wednesday of next week.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
steinjt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 4:06pm
1st post here....had to jump in with a comment about how nice the boat looks. I really like the interior. Looking forward to seeing more as it progresses.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 4:15pm
That was a pleasent surprise -- thought that the logo was only going to be in the one seat, glad it's on all three. Looks SSSWWWEEEEAAAATTTT!!!!!

so are they going to add a sub for the stereo?, larger amps? transom mounted remote?

Going to be one fine ride when it hits the water.
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 5:01pm
Keith,

Wow, the boat is really coming together… The interior looks fantastic with the CCF logos on the seats.

Do you know if Dave will provide shots of them water testing the boat? Or maybe a short video clip...

Kyle
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 6:46pm
So take away week of shutdown and the boat went from a barrel of resin to water testing in 8 working days!!! That's pretty amazing.

That boat keeps looking better and better each time the new pics come up. Can't wait to see it in person and get a chance to drive it in Sept.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 9:11pm
It was a very good decision to do away with the orange striping in the interior. The end result is very clean, and provides enough accent to the boat. BKH
Livin' the Dream

74SkiNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2008 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Dual exhaust was discussed but determined to not be an option for this boat so it will be a standard single exhaust.

Custom gel was not an option either so the stripe would be a decal anyway -- so it's not too late for that.

-Keith

Can we have for one year, Dual Exaust with NO MUFFLERS! Just like the older models!!!
74SkiNautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2008 at 12:56am
Keith,

Man that thing is cool! Cant believe how quickly its coming together!

Gotta ask...dont know if its in the post somewhere, but how long ago did the idea start to build a CCF boat? ...when did the build order become a fact .. and,who's idea was the CCF boat?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2008 at 4:06am
8 days! Alan's right. That is amazing. Looking better all the time.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2008 at 2:39am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Keith,
Gotta ask...dont know if its in the post somewhere, but how long ago did the idea start to build a CCF boat? ...when did the build order become a fact .. and,who's idea was the CCF boat?

Steve,
The idea was one that I had back in April. It started coming to together with Ken Reynolds' (Adirondack Marine) support of the Northeast Reunion. The order for the boat was placed July 8th. Since then, Dave Hendricks has been an invaluable resource during production - providing build recommendations, checking in on the boat build and sending photo updates.

I still can't believe it's really happening. It looks even better than I imagined!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2008 at 3:08am
I think for the Dual exhaust, we should ship the boat to Tim & let him do his work on it. I'm sure he'd be up for it ;)

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 12:50pm

Adirondack Marine is doing everything they can but unfortunately, the boat is still out of my price range ... Barring that, my goal is to get the boat in the hands of another devoted CC fan and if the boat is sold outright, Adirondack Marine will donate all proceeds to CorrectCraftFan.com and a charity of choice.

-Keith

So whats the price?

409HP? Too much.... gas guzzler.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

Adirondack Marine is doing everything they can but unfortunately, the boat is still out of my price range ... Barring that, my goal is to get the boat in the hands of another devoted CC fan and if the boat is sold outright, Adirondack Marine will donate all proceeds to CorrectCraftFan.com and a charity of choice.

-Keith

Good question! What's it going take for one of us CFFers to get into that boat? Will it be listed in the Diaries?

So whats the price?

409HP? Too much.... gas guzzler.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 1:43pm
I absolutely love everything about this boat. It's definitely one of a kind. It would be great to see a press release on it. Dave, can you take some photos of this boat during the water test?

Looking forward to seeing at our NE reunion.

Ken
1969cc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 9:54pm
Super looking boat. I would like to see an orange stripe in the interior below the blue, but it looks great just like it is.
If you see light at the end of the tunnel you might be looking the wrong way

69 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 18>
  Share Topic