Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics for 89 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hunterdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphics for 89 Ski Nautique 2001
    Posted: July-11-2008 at 12:01pm
Hello all

I am having the graphics on my 2001 nautique reproduced. If you are interested in getting these graphics made for your boat also let me know and I will try to get you a set also. The company I am using has reproduced the graphic style and they tell me that they could stretch or enlarge the graphics slightly if need to hep to cover the ghosting of the old letters. The letters I am having made are a solid color with the white drop shadow like in the original graphics. I did not really like the clear graphics with the fade. I am not trying to make a 100% perfect copy of the original graphics,( the clear with the fade ) I wanted a little color on my boat. If you would like to change your graphics too, but would like a different color just contact me at my email address dbagwell825@hotmail.com and we will see if I can get you what you want. I estimate that the cost for the " ski nautique 2001 " on both sides and the " competition ski nautique " on the back will cost $250.00 in the colors of your choice.

If you have any questions please let me know!

Dan
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2008 at 10:35pm
Hello Dan,
I have an 88 Ski Nautique. I think it has the same decals as yours. Anyway, mine are coming off and I want to replace, but there is ghosting. I heard it is very difficult to place the decals over where they were originally. Other than using the stretched letters from your company do you know if there is a way to polish the paint to remove the ghosting. Has your company had good feedback on using the stretched or enlarged graphics?

Thanks for your help!
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
88 Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2008 at 12:47am
George,
Our 88 decals are different than the 89's. We have the big "2001". They have the little "2001".
There are lots of threads on this site about wet sanding and polishing the gel coat to remove the ghosting. What's the color scheme on your 88?
Nice to have other CA CCFans on here. Post your pics.
Kurt
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2008 at 10:44am
HunterDan - I have an '89 & the decals are still in pretty good shape. I bet that sometime in the future, though, I will need a set. What is the price break for you between 1 set & several? Who is your supplier? Is there a shelf life on the adhesive?

If there isn't a big advantage to getting them now, I will better off short term with the $250 going in the gas tank!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2008 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by 88 Nautique 88 Nautique wrote:

George,
Our 88 decals are different than the 89's. We have the big "2001". They have the little "2001".
There are lots of threads on this site about wet sanding and polishing the gel coat to remove the ghosting. What's the color scheme on your 88?
Nice to have other CA CCFans on here. Post your pics.
Kurt

Thanks for clearing it up for me Kurt. I will check those threads on wet sanding.   From the looks of your boat I believe I have the same color scheme. Light grey with blue stripes. I was curious... does yours have wrap around seats in the rear like the 89's. Mine does. I noticed that most 88 do not. Was it an option? I thought I had an 89 for a while.
George
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
hunterdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2008 at 8:12pm
Hello again!

I need a little help! Can anyone with a 89 2001 ski nautique take me a good straight on digital picture of their drivers side graphics and email it to me?? We noticed AFTER I romved the decals that the right side and lfet side are NOT the same, the letters are angled different! I REALLY could use a good quality clear shot STRAIGHT ON of the graphics on the driver side. ( high resolution if possible ) dbagwell825@hotmail.com

As far as if there is any advantage to ordering graphics from me now, not really you should be able to do it any time. I marked these up approx. $20.00 from my cost just to help to cover the gas and time in going and picking them up.

Thank you

Dan
Thank you
Dan
88 Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2008 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by wakemeup wakemeup wrote:

I was curious... does yours have wrap around seats in the rear like the 89's. Mine does. I noticed that most 88 do not. Was it an option? I thought I had an 89 for a while.
George

Yea, I think it was an option, but there are people on this forum that can tell you which option came on what year. Mine need to be rebuilt when I re-do my upholstery.
Kurt
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2008 at 1:07am

HD - I'll snap a picture tomorrow.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2008 at 3:04pm
Hunterdan,
What did you use to take the decals off? How bad is the ghosting? Keep us posted on how it goes. I plan on tackling that one this winter and may need your advice. Good luck and thanks for the info.
George
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2008 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by 88 Nautique 88 Nautique wrote:

Originally posted by wakemeup wakemeup wrote:

I was curious... does yours have wrap around seats in the rear like the 89's. Mine does. I noticed that most 88 do not. Was it an option? I thought I had an 89 for a while.
George

Yea, I think it was an option, but there are people on this forum that can tell you which option came on what year. Mine need to be rebuilt when I re-do my upholstery.
Kurt

Yall know there's a reference section with many of the original brochures, right?

It was optional vs. standard on my 88 BFN...probably on the SN as well. I've heard that many hard core footers didn't want the extra weight in the back. It may have been expensive as well.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2008 at 6:34pm
BuffaloBFN,

Thanks for the reference to the brochures. I did not know they were on here and yes the wrap around rear stern seat with storage was an option as is many other things I didn't know about. Very interesting!

George
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
hunterdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2008 at 7:21pm
Hello all

The ghosting on my boat is not that bad ( to me ) if you stand 5 feet away you will never see it, if you stand 1-2 feet away you can see a slight color difference. I still need these pictures if someone can help! As far as removing the decals I used a small plastic scraper, and just peeled them off. To remove the glue I used goo gone.

I really hate to ask again. I really need these pictures today!

I think that everyone thinks that " someone else will take care of this " but so far I have not received any files.

Please SOMEONE take some good pics of the graphics on the side of your 89 2001 nautique and email them to me! I only need the driver side!

Thank you!

Dan
wakemeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakemeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 4:38pm
Dan,
Have you tried going to the diaries section and looking up people who have 89's and emailing them?

George
Wakemeup

1988 Ski Nautique

1999 Air Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by hunterdan hunterdan wrote:

Hello all

The ghosting on my boat is not that bad ( to me ) if you stand 5 feet away you will never see it, if you stand 1-2 feet away you can see a slight color difference. I still need these pictures if someone can help! As far as removing the decals I used a small plastic scraper, and just peeled them off. To remove the glue I used goo gone.

I really hate to ask again. I really need these pictures today!

I think that everyone thinks that " someone else will take care of this " but so far I have not received any files.

Please SOMEONE take some good pics of the graphics on the side of your 89 2001 nautique and email them to me! I only need the driver side!

Thank you!

NO ONE WANTS TO HELP BECAUSE IT'S NOT GOING TO HELP HAVING A PICTURE TO MAKE VINYL DECALS OF THE SIDE HULL GRAPHICS.

should have took pictures yourself or made a tracing before you started destroying stuff guess you learned a valuable lession that you should research a topic before you jump in otherwise your just going to get screwed like you are now.
hunterdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 10:27am

Hello to all of you! this is the first time I have tried to upload a picture, so we will see if it works. If all went well you will see the 4 pictures of the new graphics installed. Please let me know what you think!

Dan
Dan
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 12:52pm
well the transom is at a slight angle, maybe it's the camera angle causing it, and the side graphics look a little funky tappering smaller towards the bow. But if you like them then that's all that matters.
hunterdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 1:12pm
these letters are the same size, and put in the exact same location as the old letters, if we tried to line them up the with the spacing correct, then you could see the ghosting from the old letters. As for the alignment being off, that was CC's problem.
Dan
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2008 at 1:13pm
Not too bad, a full boat shot would help it's hard to really see how they fit. I will say your graphics guy did a hell of a job from using a picture of the trailer lettering! Where is the other half of your pinstriping?

For the future, press enter between each picture upload/link so they are stacked vertically. This thread is now very wide and difficult to read.

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2008 at 12:08pm
Dan they look great. I think the solid colour looks better than the faded over clear the original 89 decals used.

Did you put Correct Craft back on the sides also.

More pictures of whole side please.

As Hollywood said if you press enter after each uploaded picture it stacks them vertically and narrows the view of the whole thread so no horizontal scrolling is required to view.
Dont worry I made the same mistake with my first picture upload and I work on computers all day for a living.

I will be doing my 89 decals in a couple of weeks. Did your signwriter end up manipulating the 87-88 graphics file or use the pictures as the basis for the new decals.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
hunterdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2008 at 11:05pm

Hello

Here are the updated full boat photos that you have asked for.

Thank you
Dan
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 12:15pm
You must have a nice dry floor your platform isn't at or below the water level, good for you.

Ok, now how about some pictures of that crazy blue vinyl?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 1:16pm
I do like the blue boats...... I too would be interested in pictures of the interior if you get a chance.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 1:48pm
I like the graphics. They really stand out. BKH
Livin' the Dream

hunterdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 2:15pm
Ok, I will try to get you some! I like to change things up a bit. We went with blue interior to get rid of the white. I had the original white, and it was a pain to keep clean, and looking good all the time. Also when I went with the new interior I wanted it to look different than it did stock. It is really a matter of preference. My preference is NOT to have to scrub the white all the time to keep it really white. Thank you for the positive feedback on the choice for the outside graphics.

Dan
Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic