Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1960’s Classic Wood Skis

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2008 at 10:46am

Found a pic of the Mustang and the latest 2 ski chairs we built this week for the Cottage. Im still looking for the Chris and wife pics...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2008 at 1:33am
Well any wife that owns a 283SS Chris has got to be hot so....if ya ain't got pics of the boat we'll settle for pics of the Chris Craft owner.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 10:30am
I have had both boats longer than the digital camera, ill see what I can find. The chris is down to the stringers right now getting a new bottom.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 12:50am
More pics of those two rides..if you please. We love pictures on here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 10:28am
West of Toledo, exit 13 on the toll road. I grew up on Merry Lake in southern Michigan 3 miles north of the Ohio line. My wife grew up on Lake Gauge near Orland Indiana. We just picked up a Cottage on Crooked Lake last fall so we are back on the water after a 10 year stint in the corn Field. Luckily we kept both boats stored in the shed, My 75 Mustang and her 68 283SS Wood Chris that I'm restoring right now.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 12:41am
Very nice Sean. Nice car too.

Where is Holiday City? I am from the Cleveland area before we went south for the weather.

Just bought a Mendoza in mint condition with the original white bindings (thanks cat for the toe strap) off e-bay for about 40 bucks. Love them old Mendozas.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 2:13pm

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 2:06pm
I still have my little monster and my d*ck pope jr III's. The boys are learning on them. My oldest just graduated to the monster last weekend.

I used the old super groove skis in my new railing. I'll link up the pics when I get a chance. I did not want to give them up but this way they are close by.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 11:25pm
Love them! Mount them to your living room wall. A great conversation piece and your wife will love the way they look!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 12:40pm
I still have our old CG skis of vintage between those two, with two Jobe 'High wrap' plates mounted..

Used to get lots of jokes like "why don't you get some skis for those bindings!"
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Old Ripper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Ripper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 10:27pm
Ah, Cypress Gardens skis bring back some memories, my first slalom ski was a Cypress Gardens Lil' Monster. My first hi performance ski was a Cypress Gardens Tech 1 with a aluminum top.
99/90/80 Ski Nautique
kman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 6:45pm
My dad skied in tournaments on these in the 60's. Alfredo Mendoza El Specials. Notice the aluminum brace across the top on one. Minor repair, keep on rockin'. And the branded logo. My dad actually added the white tub strips for better traction. Think these bindings feel very good cutting into your ankles.

Kirk

1976 Southwind 20

Eagle Mountain Lake Fort Worth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic