Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

replacing bindings

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: replacing bindings
    Posted: July-30-2008 at 11:46pm
i just bought a new pair of obrien bindings for my older O'brien TRC. The hole patterns don't match and i was wanting to fill the old holes in? Should i worry about that and if so what should i use?

thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 1:14pm
I filled the old holes on my G3 with epoxy and drilled new ones to mount my Wileys binding. No issues in the last 3 years.
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 12:11am
epoxy.....drill....contact bindings....looks like a new old ski!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 12:13pm
If the old holes are the factory ones with threaded inserts, there is no need to fill those in they should be sealed with epoxy.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

If the old holes are the factory ones with threaded inserts, there is no need to fill those in they should be sealed with epoxy.

Good point. My G3 didnt have threaded inserts from the factory.
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 3:00pm
they were factory....but didn't look like they had threaded inserts. Just look like that had been drilled.

this is a lat eightes to early ninties O'brien TRC(black/gold). With new boots it looks great. I haven't found a ski that I have been on that I like any better than it as of yet.   Let me rephrase that....i haven't found a ski that I like for a price i was willing to spend. I called Barts and they said a ski comparable to that would be the o'brien siaxm or another brand with a ski of the siaxm calibur.

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 4:52pm
Where did you get your Bindings?
My O'brien could use some new rubber.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2008 at 8:03pm
i was luck and found a pair off of ebay that are practically new.
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2008 at 1:07am
ok.....the ski is a different ski and not for the good.

Could i have changed the center of gravity or some physics stuff like that. I had a hard time getting the ski on edge and keeping it their today and it just overall felt like a completely different ski.

I skied my best set last week and today was like I was set back a year!

any suggestions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic