Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing interior 82 nautique - Help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing interior 82 nautique - Help
    Posted: January-21-2005 at 11:17pm
I have an 82 nautique and I am getting the interior refinished. I am taking out the seats myself, but does anyone know how to take off the side panels the run the entire inside length of the boat. They seem to be held on by something, but I dont want to destroy them by just yanking on them.

Also in same regard how do you remove the side cushions for the driver and passenger elbows. They sit on each side on top of the boat. I am sure you know what I am talking about.

thanks
jason
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2005 at 3:31am
Hey Jason,
I pulled my 84 apart a couple of years ago.
From what I remember the side combing pads & the arm rests both come out by just tugging on them. They used those little plastic dart type anchors that snap into the holes.
82 was probably the same.
Good luck - post some pics whan your done!   
heirnaut View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heirnaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2005 at 11:15am
Jason,
If I remember right the arm rests have threaded studs. I think you will find two nuts holding them on. Look under the gunwall. I'm not sure about the combing pads, my 82 didn't have them. If I had to guess I'd say they have threaded studs as well. It's been five years since I restored my 82 and I've slept since then.
Thanks,
Heirnaut
Lifes Short. Live It
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2005 at 6:16pm
I appreciate it, I would go test it out once it warms up next week. Too windy and cold today.
thanks
jason
new86owner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new86owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2005 at 2:39pm
I have an '86 and here is a picture of the back with the curved portion of the back seat removed.   This will give you an idea of the locations of the studs. I haven't taken the side pads off yet.

Other pics of my boat here.

My 86 Ski Nautique Pics
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2005 at 7:56pm
Jason:

The coming pads on my '77 have smooth metal studs with metal spring clips on the back side of the gunwale. They are removed by reaching in and squeezing the side of the clip and pulling off the stud.

The coming pads on my '93 are held in place with washers and nuts on threaded studs.

I am going to quess that your '82 is similiar to the '77, but I really have no idea. Just get a flashlight, bend down and have a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic