Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Toledo barefoot race

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
spanky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toledo barefoot race
    Posted: August-06-2008 at 2:18am
I will be sking in a barefoot race just outside Toledo Ohio. I'm two,to of my team mates will also be making trip with me.
We are looking for a 4th skier with a FAST inboard ski boat. We are not new to the sport of barefoot racing, so if you want to be in the hunt for what is the longest inboard race please e-mail or call me.
Thank you
      Heath
210-445-7667
don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 12:26pm
Spanky
This race is tricky because of the arched bridges that the racers go under. You have to navigate the course well or you can run into debris under these bridges. You shouldn't have a problem, just follow us.
See you at LaRoe's Friday night.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

DougsdevilCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougsdevilCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 2:36pm
Where abouts will the race take place?
CCcruiser
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 3:18pm
Doug

It starts in Grand Rapids, OH, runs down the Maumee river to Nepoleon, and back. If you are interested in running, I'll get you the info.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

DougsdevilCC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougsdevilCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2008 at 7:11pm
Not participating but wacthing
CCcruiser
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2008 at 12:13am
Originally posted by spanky spanky wrote:

I will be sking in a barefoot race just outside Toledo Ohio. I'm two,to of my team mates will also be making trip with me.
We are looking for a 4th skier with a FAST inboard ski boat. We are not new to the sport of barefoot racing, so if you want to be in the hunt for what is the longest inboard race please e-mail or call me.
Thank you
      Heath
210-445-7667

Heath-

What date is the race? Probably would not bring a boat but if Ihad a couple of weeks to get some endurance I would do it.

Tim

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2008 at 1:24am
Aug 16th
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2008 at 1:30am
Hmmm I will have to think about it. Any info online tull???

Busted Knuckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busted Knuckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 7:19pm
here you go

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/barefootcentral/vpost?id=2846411

bkg
Volante Barefoot Skier built by American Skier Boats -
www.footngear.com
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 7:40pm
Here's a direct link.
2nd annual Buckethead Classic
I've been at races with Brian, the host, for the last few years. Good guy. The schedule for this race is on Friday night, we all meet at this bar/restaraunt called LaRoes in downtown GRap, OH. Grand Rapds, Ohio is a little town and this bar is one of those old places with a cool long bar.
We're staying at the campground, Mary Jane Thurston Park ( "did he say Mary Jane?) were the launch and start is. The race starts at 7:00am (usually a little after because of slow risers). Afterwords, there is fun footing and partying/BBQing.
Should be a great time. The water is always glass and the people are great.
Hope to see some of you guys there.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

spanky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2008 at 10:46pm
I'm looking forward to the race, but if I don't find a boat I to will be watching.
We have a good team,I'm not saying we will win, but we will not be last.
Thanks guys.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2008 at 11:21am
Spank
If you don't find a boat, let me know. I'll bring my pontoon for you to use.
Spanky's tow boat
Steve
(not really my pontoon, just me and a couple of buds footin')
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2008 at 11:31pm
Tull

Where you want to me on Friday to head down there? I am not that far from 23 but can meet you right at 23 if you want.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2008 at 10:43am
James
You pick the place on 23 and we'll be there. I have not confirmed with my team as to what time, but I'm guessing we'll be near you around 6:00-6:30 Friday night. That will get us to LaRoes before 8:00. I'll get the time firmed up by tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully we can leave out a little earlier.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 12:32pm
Guys,
Sounds like a great time to me. I'm going to try make it over there to watch, take some video and pictures. Hopefully I'll make it and get a chance to meet some of you guys.

Good Luck!
Steve
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 3:03pm
Steve
We have to leave shortly after the race because of a ski show our team is doing that afternoon, but most of the guys are staying over Saturday night. Our cabin may be available for someone to use Saturday night, my treat. Hope to meet you there.

James,
Sounds like we will be closer to 5:45-6:00 to meet. Are you planning on staying Saturday night? If so, the cabin's yours.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 4:08pm
Steve
I'll be there. (only an hour from my place) What time do you guys plan on assembling at the launch?

Maybe I can talk my wife into going out to dinner Friday night at LaRoe's.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend.
Have a safe trip!
Oh, I'll be posting some pics of my new ride soon!

Steve
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 4:36pm
Steve
Hope to see you at LaRoe's
We plan on being at the launch at 7:00am Sat.
Busy is an understatement. We have a second show this weekend, on Sunday, on the lake where my new cottage is.

What's even crazier is the next race we are doing in Big Rapids, Mi, is on the morning of my brother's wedding.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2008 at 7:44pm
Now that is a die hard footer Steve. Footing before a wedding. I am trading shifts with a guys so I don't have to work Friday afternoon. Shoot me your cell number in an email. I got a new phone, old one had your cell number in it. I am think what ever time you guys can get to 23 and US 12. We could meet right there at the McDonald's.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 7:23pm
Whats a typical run time for a 38 mile race? 1-2 hours??

spanky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 11:36pm
Team Top gun will finish in under 1 hour.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 12:46am
Originally posted by spanky spanky wrote:

Team Top gun will finish in under 1 hour.

So why do you need 4 footers then, wouldn't the first skier just run the whole thing?

OK, seriously, in a typical race, how far/long does the average footer run assuming no fall?

Also is it just me or does different water burn more, some lakes I have footed on just don't seem to burn the same as others.
spanky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 2:07am
Viper is first out, he can ski for over 30min.
2nd skier is Stinger, he can ski over 20min.
3rd skier is Hollywood (spanky) I can ski over 15min.
4th is the boat owner,we have never met.
The weak link is the boat, 5.7 stock, low 40s at best.

You are not nuts, some water is much hotter than others.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 10:03am
Our team has been ripping off runs of more that 100 yards. That's longer than a football field. We should finish before dinner time.
Actually, we hope to finish in about 1-1/2 hours. We like to take our time and enjoy the sites along the Maumee river. We hear there is some great fishing so we may wet a line. If I remember correctly, at the turn in Nepoleon, is the Campbells soup factory so we might take the tour.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2008 at 12:08pm
Do they allow kneeboard starts?

CQ, I believe you have to have a minimum number of skiers, doesn't matter how long each go though?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 6:09pm
The race was great this morning. All though a BFN did blow the engine this morning. Threw a rod so hard it dented the oil pan. No both Tullfooter and I both brought our boats across the finish line running strong. The team I pulled finished the race in 1hr 10min 12 sec.

Yes I believe team top gun won the race but, I pretty sure the lenghts of ski times spanky posted were a little off. Nice job job team Top Gun.
spanky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 12:05am
Hey they were way off, Viper wanted all of us to ski,so at the 15mile mark he stopped, Stinger cover the next four to the turn around, and never stopped (the video is great) came back about 2 miles, and we tossed in Mark, just some guy who needed a team, and loves to foot in thru crap water. He did great! Then came Chris, besides letting us run the hell out of his boat,and showing off his hot wife ( Glora call me) the dude can foot like a mad man. I hopped in about a 1/4 mile from the gas boat, took my 5min break, and smoked the next 10 miles at 45.3 mph, with nothing but glass. Brian, you dunn good bro, great time. I'm already looking for some beater to work on and bring up , Viper thinks we can trim off 6.min next year.
We all had a great time.
Top Gun 56.50 with a 5min gas stop.

Thanks Spanky
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 3:20pm
Spanky,
Was just giving you a hard time. Your team ran a great race. All the teams that ran did pretty well I thought. I still feel bad for the guy that blew up his BFN.
spanky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 12:13am
That boat had Tony B in it, he is the 2nd best barefoot endurance footer in the world.
Viper is #1
We have a long history with Tony, the last time we met on the water the motor shut down,and filled up with water. It sucked.
I'm not sure if he has bad luck, or we have good, but no one on my team liked to see the BFN shut down, that boat would have made it a hell of a race.
I just can't stop thinking of that water, WOW!!!

Spanky
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 2:11am
So is Viper Eddie Johnson?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic