NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weekend skiing in Illinois

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weekend skiing in Illinois
    Posted: August-13-2008 at 1:43pm
Bounders' loaded and ready to go but we have no destination this weekend. Summers getting shorter and we ain't staying home so if anyone plans on getting wet let us know.

We'll go back down to Decatur or Clinton or maybe stay at Chain o Lakes friday night and then hook up with the northerners if there's any takers.

And thanks in advance Jbear but I can't make it down to Florida and back in 2 days, some day though.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 1:48pm
Open Sunday, if you and Dana want to split up for some bachelor(ette) parties Saturday night let me know!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 2:13pm
Alan,

Maddie and I will be around all weekend, really no plans at all at this point. Deep Lake??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Alan,

Maddie and I will be around all weekend, really no plans at all at this point. Deep Lake??

Sounds like a plan Chris, we're gonna camp at Chain o Lakes State park friday night and I know you're not too far from there. Can you shoot me an email with your address and what time you get started and we'll make sure we've got lunch covered.

Hollywood, bachelor party might work too so shoot me some details on that and I'll see if I can get clearance from the tower. Sunday would work out too but I can't imagine it would be anything but afternoon skiing after a night with the PLBC. Any surprise performances planned gigitty gigitty!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 2:45pm
We've got 2 performers showing up at 11 downtown. You can take the Metra in, but not sure how'd you get back out unless someone was driving back that way.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 2:54pm
This might work out. Our driveway is huge so you could park the Bounder there Saturday and we could go downtown together- I'm also trying to figure out how to do the bachelor/ette parties as well and am working that out with Beth. Maybe if we teamed up we could make something happen.

If there's one thing for sure, it's that if the winds are good, we will be on the course both mornings. So, if you want to ski the course one of the mornings you're welcome to come by. This way you could also test-drive a TSC1 as well.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2008 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

This might work out. Our driveway is huge so you could park the Bounder there Saturday and we could go downtown together- I'm also trying to figure out how to do the bachelor/ette parties as well and am working that out with Beth. Maybe if we teamed up we could make something happen.

If there's one thing for sure, it's that if the winds are good, we will be on the course both mornings. So, if you want to ski the course one of the mornings you're welcome to come by. This way you could also test-drive a TSC1 as well.

Sunday morning ski is sounding good Joel, I'll give you a call.

This is looking pretty darn good so far.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 12:56am
Man am I jealous.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2008 at 1:09am
John, we are all jealous October - April. You and Eddie get some good skiing in last night?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 11:18am
Definition of a great weekend... Leave work at 5pm in the Bounder headed North. Campsite by 8, steaks and beers with the wife.

Saturday morning skiing with Mr. Quinn as the kids call him. Grill some burgers by the beach for lunch , ski the rest of the afternoon then hop in the boat and head to the restaurant for dinner.   Quinner is a madman, if you can't have fun with this guy you better check your pulse.

Sunday morning skiing with Joel, Beth and Madison on their little secret spot. Then lunch in town to sample some micro brews. Back to Quinners for the afternoon, break the grill out again for dinner then top it off with a couple of double barefoot runs. What an awesome time.

Getting late and tired so we just drove the Bounder back to the shop and slept in the back parking lot. Quick shower and back to work 7am monday morning. We've been on the road for the last 3 weekends with some unbelievable Correct Craft Fans, you guys and ladies are some of the best people on the planet.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 12:35pm
Another well deserved sweet weekend for the Magicman, to steal a line from BKH's sig you sir are "Livin' the Dream"...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Another well deserved sweet weekend for the Magicman, to steal a line from BKH's sig you sir are "Livin' the Dream"...

Joe, Pulling in sunday night we looked at each other and almost simultaneously said " Where we goin next week?"

We got a slow start but there's no stopping us now.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 1:20pm
Alan,

We really enjoyed skiing and just hanging with you, Dana & of course Bodey! What a great couple day's, we covered several events, Skiing, footin, Wakeboard, kneeboard, Sky Ski and even the dreaded Tube!

Thanks again for everything, it was a great time!!
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 1:20am
I guess I missed this one .
We went down to the Illinois on that Sat. We had a great time. But we are always looking for something different every other weekend that is near by . Wish I would have seen this at the beginning.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2008 at 11:16am
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

I guess I missed this one .
We went down to the Illinois on that Sat. We had a great time. But we are always looking for something different every other weekend that is near by . Wish I would have seen this at the beginning.

Pat, ANYTIME you're looking for a place to go you can give us a call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic