NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good replacement for bilge pump hose

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Farkum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farkum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good replacement for bilge pump hose
    Posted: February-03-2005 at 9:09am
I noticed while working under the dash of my SN that the bilge pump hose had a big tear in it. Started looking around my garage and found that a garden hose was the exact diameter of the bilge pump hose but looks like it is a lot stronger. Does anyone see any reason not to replace it with a section of garden hose?
1979 Ski Nautique
Will post pictures soon
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2005 at 10:08am
The corrugations on the original bilge pump hose will allow it to take some rather sharp bends without EVER collapsing. I don't think you could say that for most garden hoses.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
Farkum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farkum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2005 at 11:35am
Alright, sounds like I better head up to the marina and get some bilge hose.
1979 Ski Nautique
Will post pictures soon
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2005 at 6:51pm
Go to Lowe's or Home Depot, the have a selection of hose by the foot, also Tractor Supply and Agri-Supply.
Tim D
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2005 at 11:59am
Do not forget to have some portion of the hose as high as possible in the boat (sort of like the way your dishwasher hose is routed higher than the drain of your sink). Then, you should poke a small hole in the top of the hose at its highest point. The purpose of all this is to prevent syphoning water back into your boat should you forget to put the plug in and the boat sits low in the water, etc, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic