NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skiing/camping lakes in N.Fla ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nauti girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skiing/camping lakes in N.Fla ?
    Posted: January-29-2004 at 2:23pm
We are looking for a good skiing/camping destination in N. Florida to spend a week or so. Any suggestions, let us know.
Nauti Girl
--I think my husband uses his own login now!
Alibuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2004 at 6:03pm
Hey there, I know it isnt Northern Florida, but I know of a great lake in Georgia. If this would work for you, let me know. --Nick
www.strictlyinboards.com
www.uwstoutwaterskiteam.com
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2004 at 9:10pm
not floriduh, but if you want an awesome on the water camping experience. robbinsville, north carolina to lake santeetla. joyce kilmer memorial forest. campsight L8. accessable by boat only. right under thunderbird mountain. le water is so clear you can see 25' deep.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2004 at 7:05pm
I was always wondering what Tom looked like. But who's Poor James?

As for camping and skiing in North FLA, find this interesting web site by typing in "your way camping". It covers some neat looking camping and boating areas towards north FLA. As for skiing, several of the springs and camping spots are just off the St.Johns River where there are miles and miles of narrow calm waterway. But, there are also alligators. The locals don't seem to mind as I've seen them water skiing and jet skiing up and down the river. It's also very scenic. We'll be down in the area of Astor, FL, with a couple of older CC's up and down the St Johns from 2/11-2/15. The boats will be sitting at the docks just 100 yards or so south of the Hwy 40 bridge if anyones going to be in the neighborhood.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2004 at 8:23pm
that's me before my morning cupajoe.

that is the godfather of rock and roll, mr.james brown. he got busted again.
david View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2004 at 4:56pm
try looking at ocala national forest area. Most lakes are clear and uncrowded, however most camping is primitive. St. Johns river as described before offers many milesof water and about 1 gator per half mile, water is dark from tannin stain. just remember gators stalk their prey, not run them down.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2004 at 11:56am
Not real fond of the gators!
Nauti Girl
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2004 at 12:18pm
I thought James Brown was the God Father of Soul?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2004 at 12:30pm
You're right. He is the Godfather of Soul.
Nauti Girl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic