Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Morse Control - Help?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jason Koch View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Koch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morse Control - Help?
    Posted: February-17-2005 at 10:35pm
I am the one that is trying to remove the combing pads. Anyways I took the shifter lever and handle off from the morse control, but how do I get the black panel off. I tried using a hammer to lightly hit the center of the gear that the shifter meshes with, but I cant get the panel to budge.

I undid the 3 screws the hold the panel to the boat, but the panel is still stuck to the controls on the inside of the boat.

Do I need to hit harder?
thanks
Jason
mustang77 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustang77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2005 at 11:05pm
Jason,

Dont hit it harder. I attempted to get mine off a couple years ago with no luck. Reach up under the gunnel and feel for some nuts. Mine had a couple that i got removed but i still couldnt get the control to break away cleanly. I concluded that the cable affixed in a way that also somehow tied the unit together. with such limited working room and zero vision i eventually gave up. I intended to get the mounting instuctions from somewhere so i could at least see how the instructions illustrated the mount. I'll search again and if i find some i'll foward. would you be kind enough top do the same?

thanks and good luck.

Jerry
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2005 at 11:07pm
that was my post above. i wasnt signed in. just to let you know.
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2005 at 6:37am
You would think it would just pull off. I cant feel anything holding it on. The problem is I am trying to take the combing pad off to take to the upholstery shop.

So I need to get it off, the guy already finished the passenger side and is waiting on the drivers side. It has been on there for 23 years, so it is probably just stuck real good.

Anyone else have any ideas?

thanks
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2005 at 12:27pm
OK then. SWING AWAY!
bricewb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2005 at 6:26pm
you get behind the gunnell and disconnect the cables and remove the bracket that positions the cables. remove the control handle then remove the three screws that hold the cover to the coaming. it should come out with some gentle persuasion! Remember how everything looks before you take it apart. a really short standard blade screwdriver and a lighted make-up mirror(!) will come in handy   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic