Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1966 Mustang Parts wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mustang 66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang 66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1966 Mustang Parts wanted
    Posted: November-11-2008 at 3:02am
Hi Guys, I am new to the forum. I just bought a 1966 Mustang and I am looking for a new or good used windshield and stern light bar socket. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 3:22pm
Hi Pat,

Welcome to the site. I am one of the other 66 Mustang owners. What the heck did they do with those windshields? LOL... I don't have one either. I did call a local glass company and they "can" make a new one to your specs.

Again, welcome. This is the place to be for correct craft owners and "fans". A wealth of information on this site.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 3:30pm
Have you checked with Marine Glass? Listed under Links above.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 3:50pm
Hi Roger,

Out of curiosity and to receive a quote, I just called. I had to leave a message though -no one picked up.

Chelle'
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 4:06pm
This one looks similar- might want to grab some dimensions off the boat, though.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 1:11am
Welcome Pat. Last year I bought a new windshield from Taylor Made after being hounded to death by forum members I won't mention I ended up with a 15" high 58-61" wide. It's kind of on the short side,the top frame is sometimes in the line of sight and the new ones don't have vent wings.But I do like the looks of it tho.The one Tim found above I think will be too wide.If I was still looking for one and could get it for a good price,I'd be tempted to cut it down the center and make it narrower and seam it back together for that original glass look.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Last year I bought a new windshield from Taylor Made after being hounded to death by forum members I won't mention

Awful sensitive I'd say......we were only trying to help...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 1:46am
Now to bore everyone with some pictures The 1st three are before it was mounted

At a little over a year ago this windshield was $290 plus $80 to ship.They also make a 18" and 20" high ones.Hope this helps
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 1:53am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Awful sensitive I'd say......we were only trying to help...

john

Yea John, now even The Godfather is in on it, Hello Dave,this is Gary,oh yea your the one the non original windshield--
I have to talk to you,I'll call next week
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 10:00pm
Gary I like your windshield . I think it would look nice on my Atom .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2008 at 11:56pm
Well you better get going on that restore Pat everyone seems to be getting into the classics with Illinois leading the way! Must be Pete's influence.Let me know if your still in for that trade we talked about at GL.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mustang 66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustang 66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 2:44pm
Thanks guys I think Taylor Made will have a windshield that will work on my mustang. Anyone have a sten light pole socket, like the one that can on the boat?

Pat
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2008 at 3:23pm
Pat,
The closest to the original 60's stern light that is still available is the Perko all metal # 1209DP2CHR or West marine #199655.

It sounds like you still have the light and pole so you may want to take it into a marine supply and see if they can match it up to a new base.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic