NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Ski Nautique Swim Platform

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 Ski Nautique Swim Platform
    Posted: December-14-2008 at 10:24am
Steve,
This marina salvaged (NOS) platforms has had a ad on ebay for quite some time. Just a thought if you want to consider buying instead of building. Might be cheaper. The Teak has gotten real expensive because it's no longer imported into the states. Ipe is a close second alternate. Same water resistance, slightly browner than gold and it is heavier.

For brackets, I'd make up some cardboard templates and take them to a fab shop if you can't do them yourself.

One word of caution if you do build. Both Teak and Ipe are very oily woods and don't glue very well with even polyurethanes (Gorilla or Ultimate) or epoxies. This is why you'll notice that all platforms are basically screwed together.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2008 at 9:35pm
Steve,

If you decide not to build your own and want one made for you a guy I work with does wood working on the side. He grew up in his dads cabinet shop. Let me know if you need his # he made mine and the price was very good.

Sam

Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2008 at 8:13pm
Steve, here you go- Alan posted everything you need here.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2008 at 7:38pm

I am looking to build a swim platform for a 79 Ski Nautique. Does anyone have pictures and dimensions that would aide in the build? Thanks for any help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic