NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBay finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 38>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 11:46am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

an axe is a woodworking tool

So is a chainsaw.   

LOL!!!

Not sure if it was done at the factory or when the Hurricane was repowered but Daniel Boone worked on my boat too!
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 11:54am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The problem with this is where do you start and stop....The proper way? Complete hull side replacement!

That's exactly what I was wondering, patch job on a bright finish vs complete reskining of that side.

If I remember correctly, the auction ends today. I'm interested to see if it makes reserve and if so, what it goes for.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 9:38am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Daniel Boone worked on my boat too!

Or this guy!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 10:14am
Pete, I haven't seen any dumb dumb, but I'll be on the look out for it. This boat appears well made to me.

It's got a Y block which I assumed is a 135 hp 256 ci. Is it possible that it is a 272 or 292? It has one side draft carb. How can I tell what the engine is?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 10:37am
Bruce,
In the Interceptor manual you have, do you have the explanation of the engine codes? If not, I've got it at home. The easy spot to look for the engine number is on the front block off casting where the automotive version would have had the circulation water pump. Your manual should also indicate which cu. in. blocks had the single carb. I think it was the 256 and then the 272 came both ways with different HP ratings. I'll take a look later.

Maybe Paul Bunyan and Daniel Boone had retired from the factory by the time they made your boat!! Up front where the keel transitioned into the stem and then up the stem is where they got real crude fastening the ply bottom.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 10:49am
My manual only shows 2 versions of the 256. I'll look for those casting numbers. The engine is original and complete, except for the fuel pump. If it's a 272, it's got some value. The 256 is practically unknown and unwanted. It wasn't even a Ford engine, it was a Merc.

I've been reading "Parting The Waters" which is a book Ralph Meloon gave all of us at the LG breakfast. It talks about Correct Craft having always been inovative and quality minded, so I don't know why their quality wouldn't have been up there with Century. The use of plywood may have been more for performace than to cut costs? I'm not a carpenter, but this Atom appears well built to me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

If it's a 272, it's got some value. The 256 is practically unknown and unwanted. It wasn't even a Ford engine, it was a Merc.

Bruce,
Where are you hearing that the 256 is unknown and unwanted? The first Y block was even smaller at 239 cubes. Have you ever seen the Y block history in cars/trucks? Just because the Y was used mostly in the Mercs it's still a Ford.

Ford Y block

Innovation and quality has different meanings to different people.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 11:19am
Pete, from what I read about the first Y blocks, Ford had the 239 and Merc had the 256 exclusively. For some reason those engines are not nearly as popular as a 272.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 4:58pm
Bruce,
Looks like from the single carb set up and the HP (135), you do have the 256. the first character on a DD (non V drive) with be a letter which designates the Cu. In. A-256 single carb, B-256 dual carb, C-272, D-292, D-312

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Pete, from what I read about the first Y blocks, Ford had the 239 and Merc had the 256 exclusively. For some reason those engines are not nearly as popular as a 272.

I wouldn't compare the automotive use with what Interceptor did with them when they marinized the Y's.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 2:31pm

256 it is.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 3:32pm
Bruce,
You probably already know this but continuing on with the engine #, it tells me: R for RH, 21 for equipment (Velvet drive #70, Sherwood water pump, special engine mounts and the Mallory ignition), The 1 for 1961 manufacture year and the the 581 is the actual serial number.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 6:50pm
Bruce what is the boat in your forums pictures , ( in the water under your name) ?   Peter
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2009 at 11:55am
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2009 at 12:39pm
Pete, I did not know all that, but you are correct on everything. It was sold as a 59 or 60, but I suspected it might be newer as it matches the boat in the 62/63 brochure. It is an Atom Skier Deluxe. It had all the same trim/finish, even steering wheel as the Classc. The 135 hp was the big engine for that boat in the brochure.

Peter, The white boat is the Classic my sons bought last fall. The Mustang is coming slowly but surely. We have all the materials to finish it and it should be in the water next summer. Did you sell your boat? If not, you really ought to keep it.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 1:10am
theft recovery 1991 nautique in California.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Wow, I wish that was 2500 miles closer to home. The trailer is worth 1500.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 2:42am

I might have to put a bid on that 91.!

Looks like it's missing the driver seat though. That might be a little hard to find here in OZ.

Also looks like the hand throttle controls are missing too.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 9:11am
Chopper I thought the same thing especially since it was in California. If it was a 93 or later I would be all over it.

A couple of things I can see missing are:-
Dash pod & gauges
Steering Wheel
RAW Water pump
Alternator
Carby
I can see the drivers seat and observer base not sure about the rear seat either.

Would still be a good buy but would like more interior pictures. It would be hard to source parts in Aus. for these boats. But just for parts $1500 is excellent value but I wonder how high it will go.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2009 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Chopper I thought the same thing especially since it was in California. If it was a 93 or later I would be all over it.

A couple of things I can see missing are:-
Dash pod & gauges
Steering Wheel
RAW Water pump
Alternator
Carby
I can see the drivers seat and observer base not sure about the rear seat either.

Would still be a good buy but would like more interior pictures. It would be hard to source parts in Aus. for these boats. But just for parts $1500 is excellent value but I wonder how high it will go.

Good eyes Lewy.! I didn't notice the RWP. You never know. The bits might be sitting in the hull somewhere. Carby & alternator won't be hard to replace. A RWP of some kind will be also available in OZ. Dash pod & gauges could be a little more tricky though. Custom maybe.?

The observer seat looks to be the seat back to me (stripes & dash notch) rather than the base. I spoke with the seller. They are going to take some more pics and emailthe to me so hopefully I can see more. Apparently the interior that is there is in reasonably "good condition". We'll see.

I'll keep you posted.

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2009 at 11:50am
I decided to put a bid on that 91.

Will keep you guys posted.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2009 at 12:41pm
just hope the engine cover wasnt left open at some point,all it takes is one time for water to go down the throat, still not bad for the money though, you could always throw one of those Mad maxx engines in it lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 12:30am
WELL???? please fill us in
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 12:58am
I think he got it Eric, he's looking for parts for a '91 in the wanted section. various parts for a 91
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 1:27am
How about this dreamer '67 Mustang
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 1:49am

WELL???? please fill us in

I think he got it Eric, he's looking for parts for a '91 in the wanted section. various parts for a 91

Sorry boys.

Yes I won it.

Their "finance dept" was closed for saturday so technicaly I don't own it yet until I can pay for it.

Will confirm on Monday I guess.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 2:24am
Good for you! Looks like it has great potential. Now how to get it home,keep us posted.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 4:04am
Yeah I might see it in about 6-7 weeks
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 11:35am
good time to import some parts inside of the boat, its going in good hands
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 3:51pm
Thats funny I was thinking the same thing. Theres got to be a lot of room in there you could put all sorts of goodies into.
My Blue 82SOLD!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2009 at 2:09am

its going in good hands

???

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 38>
  Share Topic