Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

82 SN 2001 Steering Wheel

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 82 SN 2001 Steering Wheel
    Posted: December-29-2008 at 8:00am
Hi All:

I would appreciate if you could post or mail me a pic of an original steering wheel. I've checked a lot of pics and can't seem to establish whether mine is or isn't.

Thanking you.
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2008 at 4:52pm
'82 would have used the same steering wheel as the one in my '78:

nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 4:46am
Thanks Benj:

Mine looks exactly like that. How is the centre hub cap mounted and fixed on yours? Mine has a hole dead centre where a screw goes through. I'm concerned that this is not original. I'm pedantic about detail and i want my resto to be perfect.

Don's Diary

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 7:01am
LOL. I'm guessing more than 1 dictionary will be opened tomorrow morning. I haven't seen the word "pedantic" since 9th grade vocabulary courses; I don't know that I've ever read the word in common literature; and I can be nearly certain that it's never been used on this site before.

I'll take a look at the wheel on my 82 when I get a chance.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 7:16am
BKH:

Pedantic

–adjective
1. ostentatious in one's learning.
2. overly concerned with minute details or formalisms.

in otherwords... my '82 will be original to the last detail.

BTW, lots of parts have come from the US already as original parts are rare as hen's teeth in South Africa. I'm still trying to see if i can get some original airguide pitots as mine are shot.

Don's Diary

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 2:17pm
Donovan, I know what the word means as well as the context in which you were using it. However, I doubt that many in the U.S. would. It's just not a commonly used word in U.S. English.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by nautiless nautiless wrote:

... rare as hen's teeth

haha AWESOME!!! oh, & Pedantic...well done sir!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 2:44pm
Good luck trying to find original pitot's. Those too are in the "Hen's teeth" catagory. They are very hard to find so if you find a stash of em' somewhere; your sitting on a gold mine.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 5:24pm
BKH

Apologies. Thought i'd post the meaning for the greater good. Still looking forward to a wheel pic though.

Foot

Ok. May have to settle for Skidim if i can't find any in time. Still got a way to go on the resto before i close off on the pitot's so i'll keep searching till then.

Thanks so far.

Don's Diary

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 6:53pm
It's all good my man. Just having a little fun at the expense of our US language.

I believe the term that would be used here would probably be "anal," as in anal retentive. Though technically incorrect, it is used conversationally to describe a person whose attention to detail is obsessive and becomes an annoyance to others. Much like my own actions in this post.

Have fun with the restoration and keep the pictures coming. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic