NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bow strap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bow strap
    Posted: January-20-2009 at 12:29am
hey guys, i am looking for the bow strap and cables that typically go with a new Plyon. I have the high pylon for my 96 SN but need the cables and strap to wrap around the bow and cant find them sold separately after a quick look on the internet, any ideas?
Thanks - Greg
96 SN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 12:57am
Edit out dup entry
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 12:57am
Greg,
I also did a quick search but did not find anything.
You could always purchase the cable and cable ties at a home improvement store and then a ratchet strap that will allow you to connect it to the bow.
You can get a guide post pad from the Store section to put on the cable to cover the cable clamps.
Home made can be as good a purchased.

Here is a picture I found showing the ratchet strap.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Jtonor1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtonor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 1:03am
you could piece it together at your local West Marine they sell the plastic coated stainless steel cable and the rest of the hardware you will need
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 1:33am
GCarbone - Google the phone # for BareFoot International, or BFI. They sell these items.

PS - Critter, what model is that woodie? What a beautiful boat!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 4:32pm
Thanks Guys
96 SN
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 4:49pm
Riviera

Riviera project
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2009 at 10:21pm
There is a thread running about this. In Ski/ride/foot talk. See high fly mast installation. Someone recommended a company that sells these parts.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 12:47am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Roger,

Pete has got to see this one, extended pylon, connected to a lift ring, floating in a swamp, could that windshield be original? WOW is all I can say!!
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 2:48am
It's a Glen-L so i don't think Pete would mind... at least, he shouldn't. There's no 'correct' hardware or anything for it...kit boat.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
gcarbone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcarbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 11:29am
OMH -I saw that thread just after this one ironically. I checked a couple of sites but don't seem to see the parts I need without ordering the whole package. I have a home-made pylon from the previous owner who used a ratchet strap to the lift ring. Not pumped about the looks of that or how having it tied to the lift ring. I'll get it figured out, its 7 degrees here, I have some time. Thanks for you help guys.
96 SN
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 8:44pm
Its about 20,here, supposed to be at the boat show but my 18 mmonth old brought home stomach flu and the rest of tha family all got it in the last 24 hours. life is cruel.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2009 at 9:13pm
GCarbone - If I were you I would call Barefoot International.   He sold me the strap separately last year.

There probably is too much liability risk for him to sell you a cable for a homemade pylon.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Davey Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 7:52pm
I have a identical ratchet strap for my extend pole on my 93 sport Nautique and wroks awsome!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic