NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When is it time?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mr_beat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_beat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When is it time?
    Posted: February-10-2009 at 3:08pm
I know this is different for everyone, but we've had a break in weather here and it's making my anxiousness even worse. I was wondering if you guys have any things you look at or date that you really start to get excited and get the boat ready. I have a wet suit that is just a basic 2/3 I think, long sleeves, shorts on the bottom. When do you start thinking about it?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2009 at 3:57pm
When the ice turns to liquid. I realize this is extreme compared to most, but with the right gear it can be quite enjoyable.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2009 at 3:57pm
Some will call me a wimp, but in reality, for me, it doesnt start before memorial day, and even then its pretty chilly. Was actually mid june last year. I might be game for a slightly earlier start, but its hard to find others ready to go.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2009 at 4:07pm
While some set on the porch and dream of boating and the fun that goes with this, Some of us are doing more tham "I WISH IT WAS SPRING".............
Feb.13/14/15 St. Johns River @ Astor Florida

BE THERE OR KEEP DREAMING

Boat dr/Karen
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2009 at 1:54am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I might be game for a slightly earlier start, but its hard to find others ready to go.

I know a couple guys from Winter Haven and Lake Wales that would love to help you start your season right now.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2009 at 3:27pm
as soon as the ice goes out.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 6:14pm
April-May depending on the year. I like to get the dock in as soon as the ice is really gone for the year, they boys like to start fishing early. I used to have to be the first and last one on the lake every year but I kinda outgrew that.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 12:10pm
The boat's got to be ready to go as soon as the air temps are 70 or better, I don't care what the water temps are. I haven't started using a wetsuit yet, but I have given it some thought. As long as I can warm up in the boat after a run I'm happy. The wife says I'm nuts, but the reality of it around here is the best glass is pre- and post-season. Come summer the lakes get pretty stinking busy and finding a quiet cove is a crap shoot.

PS...safe travels to you lucky ones who can get away to St John's this weekend. I'm jealous.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 3:56pm
Our "season" generally starts between February and April, depending upon the rains. Usually ends at the end of October. Many ski through the year with dry suits.

We leave the boat in the water, and use it periodically, regardless whether we ski or not.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2009 at 7:18am
Not to rub it in. My season never ends. Temps rarely drop below 20 deg C. Rains alot though.
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2009 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by nautiless nautiless wrote:

Not to rub it in. My season never ends. Temps rarely drop below 20 deg C. Rains alot though.

same here.. but Temps sometime get around 3-7 celsiuos which is cold but not a chance of ice!!!
nothing that a good wet or drysuit can handle... Anyways It a long time since the last time a skied on winter i guess i getting lazy... when youger I used to go even if it was raining....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2009 at 9:07pm
rain is the only thing besides excessive wind that keeps us off the water, we do not know what is meant by the term winterizing???? Is that waterskiing during winter? we did get rained out in Feb for a few weeks, it dumped 15 feet of snow in the mountains(thats where we keep the snow and ice in California)
heres the videos to prove that we do not stop

http://www.youtube.com/user/sacfooter
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2009 at 5:11pm
heres you link

california
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 4:59pm
I've been out as early as February. The water temp 35 deg and the air in the mid 50's. Gotta wear a drysuit though.

Last year was the worst year ever. The river was flooded from March through half of August. Talk about being depressed. Now this year the river is flooded again, so no skiing yet. I can't seem to talk my family into moving to Florida!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 5:17pm
Beginning of april.
Had some great weather last weekend, but the boat was not ready yet...
It'll be ready next weekend! Cause it itches everywhere now and the guys from our club are sending me text messages like crazy...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 6:09pm
hows the weather in Belgium?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 6:32pm
Looks like us down here are getting ready to slow down things as weather is getting colder.. but you are begining you season....
good for you...

Kristof...i might be travelling to france on july to visit some family...2 or 3 weeks maybe.. we are going to paris and to ile de re in la rochelle. But also wanted to visit some friends that are now living in bruselles. If its possible I would be more than interested of meeting a ccf member, while Im there.
Im planning the trip so Ill let you know when i have more details... Im travelling with the whole gang (wife and kids)....
sorry for the hijack here...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic