Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where to find custom cover 68??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Spievy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spievy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to find custom cover 68??
    Posted: March-04-2009 at 3:34pm
I live in northern Indiana and am trying to find a good place that could make a custom cover for my 68 Mustang. All I seem to be able to fing online is the type that has straps and I need one that has snaps and is made for the boat. Any help is appreciated.
1968 Mustang 318 CM
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 3:56pm
No snaps!
Spievy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spievy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 3:28pm
Are snaps bad?
1968 Mustang 318 CM
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 3:39pm
Snaps themselves arent bad, but I HATE putting holes in my boat when it can be avoided. I would consider a nice fitting custom cover with a drawstring.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 9:30pm
I've always used a ski tique cover on my mustang, it's a little big, but it works.
Tim D
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Spievy Spievy wrote:

Are snaps bad?

Yes unless you like the looks of snaps on the hull sides. Plus, as long as you are having a custom cover made. I recommend to have it made at least to the water line or even better to the chines. If outside, it will keep the UV from attacking the hull.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2009 at 11:57pm
Joel, are you any where near Angola?
Angola Canvas does my cutoms covers. they are reasonable and do good work. (Straps on mine too)!
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Spievy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spievy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 2:51am
86 Yeah, I am in Fort Wayne. That is where the boat primarily is at in the summer's. What lake are you on up there??
1968 Mustang 318 CM
Spievy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spievy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2009 at 2:56am
Also as far as the cover. I have buttons (snaps) all the way around right under the lip of the edge. I may need to dock the boat in the water up to a week at times and cannot get under it to pull drawstrings tight and what not. So I wanted to get a replacement cover for it. I already have one with the straps for trailering and setting out of the water as well. And yes, I do have a float and bilge.....
1968 Mustang 318 CM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic