Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In Need of Tow Eye for Ski Pylon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
07pstroke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 07pstroke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Need of Tow Eye for Ski Pylon
    Posted: March-30-2009 at 9:51pm
Anyone,

I am in need of a new tow eye for the ski pylon for a 1987 Nautique, if anyone knows where to buy please let me know.
Larry Melillo
1987 ski Nautique
MT1 Monster Tower
2x200lb Ballast Tanks
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2009 at 12:54am
Hello Larry,
Welcome to the site. The item you are looking for is a hard one to find. A lot of Ski Nautique owners made the mistake of cutting them off for a fly pole (myself included). You need to keep watching this site, eBay and craigs list. One will come up eventually.
83Ski
07pstroke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 07pstroke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2009 at 2:06pm
Thanks Dwcar,

I have been looking since I baught the boat, I put the MT1 tower on for this year so I dont need it, the boat doesnt pull many skiers as it does wakeboarders and barefooters. Im attempting to make the boat oomplete, I cant even find a dealer that sells aftermarkets.
Larry Melillo
1987 ski Nautique
MT1 Monster Tower
2x200lb Ballast Tanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2009 at 3:51pm
I believe MWCC will sell you the ball topper to replace the ring and finger for ~$125.
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 11:33am
I have the pylon out of my 92 if you are intersted. I installed a current pylon as it fits more for what we do with the boat.
Sorry it is not a ring and finger, it should work in your boat. 87 may have been the last year of the ring and finger anyway.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 2:24pm
Jody, the ring/finger pylon base is only about a 1 - 1.5" diameter, not the straight 2.5" down like the ball top (some 87s then 88/89) and beyond pylons (2" diameter knob top 90+). Basically, it is not a drop in fit. And with the factory bend of that 92 pylon, I'm not sure how you can just chuck it in a lathe and turn it down to the smaller diameter.

If you can find a straight pylon from a 2000/2001 (not exactly sure here) Nautique, just turn it down in a lathe to fit the ring/finger keel socket.

Ring/finger pylon base

It looks like the pylons prior to this were the same dimensions, just with no cross drilled hole.

Ball top (some 87, 88+) pylon base (excuse the color, I swapped the original 88 pylon for a 95, direct fit)

Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2009 at 5:38pm
Man! I knew I bought that Bridgeport and lathe for nothing!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic