Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoe Skis

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shoe Skis
    Posted: April-20-2009 at 3:11am
Up for sale is a pair of brand new Shoe Skis with 3 choices for new bindings. This is a design that works very well for doing any trick thinkable on Shoe Skis. 180's, 360's, Back Swans, Step-overs and what ever else you dare to try! These are also good for surface turn training if your next step is doing these tricks while barefooting. Same design used by the Pros!   This pair is approximately 3/4" thick x 7 1/2" x 18 1/2" long. The bottom has a tapered nose and tapered angles going down each side. The tapered nose helps keep from catching the tips in the water and doesn’t hinder you when riding backwards.
Two bindings are open toed for a "one size fits all fit". Thick padding makes these bindings very comfortable and you lace them up to make them as tight or as loose as you want.
The other bindings are a traditional closed toe low wrap binding. See more info below.

Also included will be instructions on how to get up and ride these fun skis!

Send me an email if you are interested. skierbrant@aol.com

KD bindings - one size fits all. The shoe skis and pair of bindings complete are $150.00 plus shipping.

HO bindings - one size fits all. The shoe skis and pair of bindings complete are $200.00 plus shipping.

Wiley Low Wraps - size Medium. The shoe skis and pair of bindings complete are $260.00 plus shipping. (I can get different sizes if there is interest in these bindings small - X-Large)

Shoe Ski Blanks - Blanks are sold for $50.00 plus shipping. Any added graphics will be quoted depending on number of colors and graphics you want added.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 3:33am
Thank you John for your order. Let me know if you would like any coaching tips!
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 2:58pm
Those are beautiful shoe skis. I had a set of BI's that I am getting rid of. I have found the "hard" shoe skis painful as I keep smashing toes and shins with them. The wrap bindings will solve the toe smash, but the shins can get hammered. I am moving toward a pair of soft shoe skis for training.

Can you post some video of someone using them?
Got Foot?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2009 at 4:49pm
Thanks for the complement! These skis are excellent for show skiing if you shoe ski in the show. My wife was just at the Tommy Barlett Ski Show last week and I made her take pictures for me. The Shoe Skiers up there (Wisconsin Dells), were wearing the same style as these.

I will get some video going one of these days. I've gotta get my wife to video me. These shoe skis definitely work very well for tricks. I've never smashed any toes with them. It is a good shin workout but that is because I always force my toes up (just a habbit but works for me).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 3:41am
Finally got a video of me shoe skiing. My goal this summer was to make a training video. It just didn't seem to work out. I need SkierOx and Pauly-Banana to help with video and driving. The spray from my boat was right at my ankles too which didn't help. I think I have better video from years past, but I will have to do some hunting through old videos to find it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uutEUIXolyk
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2009 at 3:29pm
Nice job, especially the front to back, back to front. Those are some long-ass skis you got there. How long are they? yeah that chine spray from the boat is right at ya.

I can't comment on form too much (I am a stranger to the surface turn) but all the coaching I get keeps teling me to let my arms out while backwards. Maybe different on the surface turn, I don't know.

Post more video. Go out tomorrow!!! LOL.
Got Foot?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2009 at 4:16pm
Thanks! The difference with arms in or out depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you are learning form for back footing, then keep your arms straight. All my training growing up was to keep the handle close to your back to keep from getting pulled over backwards (trick skiing and shoe skiing). The skis are 18 inches long. For show skiing, they are perfect. If you are learning barefooting surface turns, then yeah you are right, they are long!
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2009 at 4:20pm
I would like to learn those surface turns. yesterday I knocked down my first long line back deeps. It took be a long time to learn it on the boom (200 attempts) Behind the boat it took me about 30 attempts and a few good headpackers. I have been tempted to try the surface turns on the boom with the shoes on.
Got Foot?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2009 at 4:27pm
Congrats to you on the back deeps! I would strongly suggest you practice with shoe skis for surface turns. It will help with your form and help you feel comfortable doing the motions and at a slower speed! I've never tried the new shoe skis that look like regular shoes but they look like they would be great for learning barefoot turns.
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2009 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by LakeBoy LakeBoy wrote:

I would like to learn those surface turns. yesterday I knocked down my first long line back deeps. It took be a long time to learn it on the boom (200 attempts) Behind the boat it took me about 30 attempts and a few good headpackers. I have been tempted to try the surface turns on the boom with the shoes on.

Great job on the back deep....your work has paid off. On the subject of surface turns, I'd go a step farther and suggest you try them on trick skis first, then go to the shoe skis (big, then small). The trick skis will let you really slow down and focus on getting the feel of making the turns in both directions without any worry of a hard fall.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2009 at 1:41pm
I would have to agree with Laurel. Trick skis are by far the easiest way to learn surface turns.
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 2:36am
Brant,

Hit my first back to front on shoes Saturday:

Back to Front
Got Foot?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2009 at 3:25am
Good Job! Now keep at it and you will keep getting better!
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2009 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Hey Dip Chit Laughlin, not cool at all.

Moderator Please delete above post!

What is wrong with the post?
Got Foot?
MTeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 1:47am
Watched your youtube vid. It looks like you might be at the point of learning some more advanced tricks. I know a guy that would be willing to give you some lessons for a reasonable price. If your intrested you should contact me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 1:49am
What kind of advanced tricks are you talking about?
MTeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 2:06am
To start out he would probably have you work on your form. Just clean some things up. After that he would probably get you into step overs and wake tricks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 2:44am
I am very consistant with back to front stepovers but front to backs have always been tough. I can do wake 180s and I've done over-the-head 360s but have taken several nasty faceplants that keep me from wanting to perform that trick anymore!

In the video, I had the boom too high and didn't get the boom low enough, I was spraying my wife and mother who were both in the boat and the air temp was only 70 degrees that day. The spray from the boat was right in line with where I was skiing. I do have better video of me shoe skiing but haven't looked for it and I don't have the correct equipment to transfer to the pc.
MTeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 3:04am
I would wear a helmet, then go back to trying overheads. Do you just ski on the boom. If so this is probably why advancing is taking so long, you should get a 65' rope and get out behind the boat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 3:22am
I learned how to shoe ski behind the boat 30 years ago. I was just trying to do tricks close to the camera. It didn't work out so well! Do you shoe ski? Where is the picture of your boat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 3:51am
Matty!!! I should have known that was you! You haven't changed a bit! I don't think you know how to shoe ski now that I think of it! I will have to train you! I gave you an invitation to come down to ski, and you got scared, didn't you!

Now I know why you don't have a picture of your boat...You own one of those off brand boats, don't you?!! Have a good one!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 10:12pm
Someone from Sarasota called me looking for some shoe skis. I did not get their number before my check deleted the phone number. Please call or text me! Thanks
abareskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abareskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2012 at 4:41am
Good shoe skis at barefootcentral.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic