NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1957-58-59 Chevy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1957-58-59 Chevy
    Posted: April-30-2009 at 12:36am
Anyone intrested in a classic?

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 12:54am
Thanks, but already got one..
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 1:17am
Is any part of that chevy original or what? It is an awesome looking car!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 1:29am
Very cool Roger...did you do it?

Nice looking yard too..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 1:47am
Thanks John,
All I had to do was replace the top. As I understand it, the original owners heirs had it restored. The 2nd owner had it for 10 years and only put 2000 miles on it. I picked it up from him. Everything works just as it did in 1931. Cathie and I need to drive it more often.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 4:43pm
If that dosen't do it for you I have this one For Sale

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 4:56pm
Nice ride Kevin. Like the color
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 5:52pm

The roadster was takin in trade for this one.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 5:55pm
Which was traded for this one
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 6:05pm
You all know which one I like. The ORIGINAL one!!!!

Very nice Roger

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2009 at 7:09pm
There all original. You like the "stock" one
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 10:00am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

There all original. You like the "stock" one

Kevin,
I really don't know what restoration groups use the term "stock"? The rodders? You may what to re think the use of the term stock. The AACA uses the term "original". I'm probably more tuned into the ACBS but they too use the term "original". Not once is the word "stock" used. Take a look in both their judging guidelines. You should also take a look at the dictionary. Be well informed before you make a statement.

I'm sure glad I don't need to change my signature!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 10:20am
I don't know Pete, doesn't original mean never altered or restored? And stock refers to the way it was originally, although it may be restored. Your Atom is restored to original condition, but it's surely not original.

That 57,58,59 is a work of art. Where are the 58 characteristics, though?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 10:42am
NSRA, Goodguys, Right Coast, Hamb,and other major national car organizations all can and do distinguish between Stock, modified, custom. Take your blinders off for a minute as there are more auto organizations than the ones you are associated with.

Porsche Club of America, Mustang Club of America, Corvette Club of America also have the term stock as well as original in their vocabulary so it's not just hot rodders.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 10:48am
Do I hear "Keep it stock, Pete"?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 11:18am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

NSRA, Goodguys, Right Coast, Hamb,and other major national car organizations all can and do distinguish between Stock, modified, custom. Take your blinders off for a minute as there are more auto organizations than the ones you are associated with.

Porsche Club of America, Mustang Club of America, Corvette Club of America also have the term stock as well as original in their vocabulary so it's not just hot rodders.

Kevin,
Tell me what do NSRA, Goodguys, Right Coast, Hamb, Porsche Club of America, Mustang Club of America, Corvette Club of America Have to do with Roger's (critter) old Chev. They certainly wouldn't be judging it and the reason I referenced the AACA. I'm not the one with the blinders on!

Bruce,
Both the AACA and the ACBS use the term original in sentences like: "in a condition as it was made originally" or "as it came from the factory originally". None state "stock from the factory".

The ACBS has a award for each chapter to present each year if they participate. It's the "most preserved" That's when there are still lots of original parts still on the boat. The original upholstery would be a good example.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 1:01pm
8122. You said in your first reply that you liked the original one. Well sir, like art, all the cars shown here are original. The old Chverolet was not mentioned as your choice. You then state that AACA and ACBS use the word original and something about the dictionary again without it relating to the old Chev but just being a general statement.
NSRA, etc were used as examples of how othger car judging groups see things differently. NSRA Goodguys and Right Coast and even HAMB would let the old Chev be shown at any of their events so they would have relevance.

My interpritation of stock here meaning the way it was from the factory as opposed to original which would mean unrestored .Basically your version of original includes restored vehicles.   Modified as with the Vicky means changing things out like the 454 Chevy engine, auto trans and disc brakes. Custom, (also modified) would be like the original photos show a one off custom made unique car.
I really don't want to hijack the post but I am trying to get out of "Groupie" status and need the posts.

At least my terms didn't come from Barret Jackson
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2009 at 4:30pm
Which definition of original are we talking about?
1.      belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning: The book still has its original binding.

2.      new; fresh; inventive; novel: an original way of advertising.

3.      arising or proceeding independently of anything else: an original view of history.

4.      capable of or given to thinking or acting in an independent, creative, or individual manner: an original thinker.

I think if we want to go by any of those... it's probably "original"

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 11:02am
Now that's a hand crafted car! I see the 57 & 59, could you point out the 58 to me ?
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 11:08am
Is it on a Vette chassis.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 11:55am
Harddock, I gotta ask, What powers those 3 Fords?????
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2009 at 7:33pm
Purple has a 350 turbo 350 chev 9" ford
Black Cherry has a 488 w turbo 400 9'ford
The pink 29 was 350/350 Corvette rear

Hotrods.... for the same dollars you can build 6 Chevrolets, 2 Ford, or one Hemi. I know it would be more pure for a Ford in a Ford but these are tupperware replicas.

As for my Nautique..... it's a Ford
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2009 at 11:35am
mis print? 351 302 390??
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2009 at 12:55am
Who does your yard Roger...looks like alot of work.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 11:22am

23000 miles on that beauty
59 corvette next to that one
87 corvette next to that one
thats a bowtie line-up
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 11:27am

my favorite, 3 years to build
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2009 at 11:32am

power blue, not powder puff blue   lol
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 12:42am
eric...did someone put z-28 stickers on a stock camaro, or what???
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 2:55am
Wow...a MM sighting...how ya been?

Nice lookin' line-up eric.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 9:59am
the guy bought it new, he may have I'll ask, i personally dont like those year Camaros, more of a 68/69 guy
the Nova was mine, sold it to a guy on Long Island, the vette on the end is our shop car waiting for a driver, i need to put the TPI back on and fire, its ready to go almost, dont like that year vette either.....but I'll drive it. maybe even to GL   lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic