NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parting out Southwind18...

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parting out Southwind18...
    Posted: June-07-2009 at 2:26am
Im planning to start parting out a mid 70's Southwind 18.    Engine probably has cracked block, and upholstery is pretty nasty.

Most everything else is there.... gauges, steering, windshield, fuel tank, underwater hardware, rear ladder, engine cover, etc...   

Can be reached at...    kten72@yahoo.com

Thanks, Steve

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2009 at 5:12pm
Steve.....What kind of fronts seats does it have? Buckets or the big bench?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 3:22am
Hey Steve,
     What kind of trailer is under that boat? I've got 2 boats that need trailers....my skier and my dads project 55 Chris Craft Continental. Let me know if it's got one, I may be interested.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 3:15pm
Steve, Does this boat have the aluminum trim that runs along the bottom of the dash and down the sides of the gunnel?

If so, I need it.

Thanks Al

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2009 at 12:46am
Dave,
It has the bench seat...pretty nasty shape.

Chris,
It has a non-original double-channel wishbone type trailer that isnt bad, other than someones feeble attempt at cutting and re-welding the back crossmember to clear the prop shaft. Not sure I want to sell it tho.

Al,
It has the trim at the bottom of the dash. Im not sure, but it looks like someone made combing pads for the sides cut the trim.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2009 at 6:58pm
Steve, Your right, if the boat came with coaming pads, it's not going to have the aluminum trim underneath.

I need about 28 feet.

If I bought the dash section, chances are, it might be harder to find the rest of it to match, cause, there was slight variations of that particular trim.

So, If you wouldn't mind. Shoot me a price on the dash piece.

Thanks Al

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 1:52am
Al....Does it have the original wiring harness? If its in good shape, I may just take the whole harness, but, my main interest is in the connector that connects the engine wiring to the dash wiring. Hate to cut the wires though.

Also, does it have a water strainer on it?

Is the boat in Sterling, IL?? I get out that way fairly frequently.

Thanks!

Dave

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 3:07am
Al,
Let me check on the dash trim, is that pop riveted on?

Dave,
Yep, the boat is in the Sterling area. What brings you out to the sticks?   
Im guessing it still has all the wiring harness in it, as well as the bottom strainer.

Can try to check this all out this weekend.

Thanks, Steve

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 3:55am
Steve, Yep, rivets, should come off with 1/8" drill.

Thanks AT
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Al,
Let me check on the dash trim, is that pop riveted on?

Dave,
Yep, the boat is in the Sterling area. What brings you out to the sticks?   
Im guessing it still has all the wiring harness in it, as well as the bottom strainer.

Can try to check this all out this weekend.

Thanks, Steve

Steve (Sorry...I had your name wrong before).

I am in the plastics business, and cover the whole state of IL, and WI, and several other states.

I call on Wahl Clipper, P&P Industries, John Deere, etc.

Yeah, check that wiring harness, and water strainer out this weekend. Let me know.

By the way, what engine do you have in that boat? Mine is a Ford 351.

Dave

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 12:44pm
Dave,
Our business is about 2 blocks south of Wahl Clipper, right on Rt40. Have to give a call next time around!

I think it is a 351. I bought the boat "as-is", originally for the trailer and tranny. I will check on the parts this weekend and let you know.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 1:17pm
Steve;

I always like to stop in the Honda and Harley stores when I am out there.

In fact, I had bought my '65 F100 in Sterling about 13 years ago from another guy in the plastics industry. I have since sold it.

Next time out there, I will look you up. If the wiring harness looks good, maybe it will be sooner rather than later.

Dave
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 1:22pm
Steve....Forgot to ask, what is your business out there?
Ohio Wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio Wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2009 at 4:43pm
Hello Again,

Is the Southwind an open bow? If so I might be interested in what's left on that boat also as well as the Wildcat. Let me know what you have that isn't promised to another member.

Thanks,   Rich 330-730-8329
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 2:27am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Steve....Forgot to ask, what is your business out there?

Dave,
We do mainly custom kitchen and bath cabinetry. Our business is Creative Kitchens and Bath.   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 2:39am
Here are a few pics I have of the Southwind Im planing to part out..

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 2:54am
Steve:

Interested in the Southwind's steering wheel - what sort of shape is it in? I shot you an email.....

78skitique@gmail.com

Steve
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 11:21am
Steve;

Interesting that your in the custom cabinetry business. I am starting to look at countertops and cabinets for our kitchen. Also, a guy I ski with here in the northwest suburbs from time to time is in the same business. He says he does a lot of the high end homes in this area.

By the way, check and see what engine you have in that boat. After taking the intake manifold and timing cover off my boat yesterday, it appears that I am now in the market for a new timing cover. The old one is a leaker due to water pitting around the water pump holes.

Thanks!

Dave
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 12:06pm
Dave,
I will check to see if there are any markings on the engine. Heres a pic of the motor:

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2009 at 5:03pm
Anyone have dibs on the throttle knob? If not...shoot me an email!

chris.mars@simpson.edu
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2009 at 3:19pm
Steve, Lifting rings? condition? pic?

Thanks
Al

kevin719 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2009 at 7:57am
Hey Steve I am still needing the steering wheel and cap if you still have it and the rear ladder! Thanks Kevin Probably some other parts as well
kevinindy
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2009 at 7:25pm
Steve, I am interested in the cowl vents on the deck and the Rudder assembly. Thanks, Mike
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2009 at 11:36pm
Kevin,
Sorry on those parts. A local guy came last Saturday and bought the ladder. Steering wheel is going to Air206.   What else do you need?

Lift rings are on the way to DrCC. Chris Mars is getting shift knob.

Hey Mike,
     How much of the rudder assembly do you need (rudder, port, tiller arm, etc?)    Do you need all 4 cowl vents?   I think they are all intact, but will need to be re-covered... the vinyl is bad. Let me know.
Thanks!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2009 at 1:45am
Steve,   Lift rings came today. Look good, they'll work.

Thanks Again,
Al

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2009 at 3:03am
Hey Kevin,
   I've got the same wheel and cap if you want it....    email me at

chris.mars@simpson.edu

Sorry for the thread jack Steve!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2009 at 3:18am
Hey no problem Chris... anytime someone can help another CC guy, its ok with me!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Jtandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2009 at 2:32am
Do you have any parts left on your southwind. I need a rudder for mine. and extra prop if its a rh turn. My email is jtandy@bellsouth.net. or phone is 901 833 2566. Thx jon
Jtandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2009 at 2:37am
Also what about the trailor will it work for a 20 ft southwind. and what is your motor cover made out of. I would like a plastic one. Thx again jon Jtandy@bellsouth.net
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2009 at 12:52pm
An update on sold parts... Prop, engine cover, rudder, steering wheel, ladder.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic