Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006/206 mystery electrical gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006/206 mystery electrical gremlin
    Posted: June-14-2009 at 12:02pm
2006/ 206 with 570 hours. Excellent operation and performance history, BUT it has strange happenings, it will randomly go into what I call "limp mode" where it will drop into idle only. It can only be reset by shutting down and re-firing. No codes come up when the PCM computer is attached, so that is no help. I thought it may be a voltage issue, and replaced battery. The alternator is putting out at 14+ volts ( according to my equipment). I have checked and tightened all wires and cables that I can find. I AM AT A LOSS HERE!
If anyone has input I will greatly appreciate it.
Please note this is random, it may not do it, then another time it will kick out 3-4 times in an hour.
wood
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2009 at 12:12pm
any sensor or switch should throw a code and store in the memory, there are a couple things that wont store in the computer, bad wire, loose connection, fuel pumps
these are tough onres to figure out
Who scanned it for you?
this would be one you would have to run on the lake with the scanner hooked up and a fuel pressure gauge
"the things you own will start to own you"
wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2009 at 12:26pm
There were no code histories, and since it is random, hooking up and riding around until the event occurs is not practical! The dealer mech has way too much going on, and they won't leave that little baby for me to try and troubleshoot further. Can't say that I blame them, I won't loan out my test equipment either.    But you indicate that you believe it to be a fuel pressure issue. Have you experienced this? It has done "it's thing" when the engine is cold so I tended to rule out the electrical pump getting hot ad failing. What has me stymied is that it essentially resets after cycling the keyswitch.
wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2009 at 12:37pm
Fortunately I have a contact with PCM that has helped me solve this problem!   Note that a faulty TPS does NOT throw a code.

Side note, it is not a big deal to adequately tighten the nuts on the back of gauges, I have also found that a little bit of silicone helps prevent vibration loosening of any nut ( with or without lock washers)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic