NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 21>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 9:13pm
Nice pics everyone. Keep them coming. Young or not so young anymore, I guess they are still always kids to you. BKH
Livin' the Dream

LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2009 at 9:13pm
what is that they are riding?
Got Foot?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2009 at 3:13am
Here's some video of my kids on the skimmer and trying to barefoot in the swing. The boy, John, can ski behind the boat. Julianne is still new to it, but is having a great time. No better way to spend a Weds. evening.

Teach the Kids
Got Foot?
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2009 at 9:29am
My little girl

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2009 at 9:02pm
uh got some pics of my kid on his first attemp on the tube..yikes he didn't like it...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2009 at 2:23pm

Helden at age 8 practicing for WWA....Get the kids on the water!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2009 at 2:27pm
Flips at 8? Wow!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2009 at 2:41pm

The flip is new for him...just learned it!Here is some big air...little rocket!
stang

The Super Air

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2009 at 6:59pm
He's fearless.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:30am
wow that is impressive! awesome
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:38am

not a great photo ....we take one every year, this year we added one more to the group even though he was on two skis.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2009 at 9:47am
Stang, your boy can do some cool sh*t behind your boat... Impressive
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2009 at 1:57pm
I think thats what Brian meant....kids on the water....pull all 5 at once! Nicely done.

Kristof...sorry we missed you at GL. The little one can go all day!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2009 at 2:25pm
Some more great photos all. Now I know I'm getting old when an 8 year old makes me feel inadequate in a sports event. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2009 at 3:19pm
Face it Brian...... you ARE old!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2009 at 7:35pm
Well at least you don't have to suffer it in person....it will only get worse for me. Brian your still king in your household right? When the girls allow it!
stang

The Super Air

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 7:08pm
Here are some pictures of my three girls taken in June on Lake Lanier when we went camping for a few days.

Kaitlin (13) showing her form:

Kaitlin getting some air:

Sydney (13) actually looking at dad:

Sydney likes the flats:

CONCENTRATE!

Tamara(10) Ready or Not, here I Come!

Tamara working a bit to get back over the wake.

As stated here time and time again. Get your kids on the water and get it in their blood as they grow up too fast!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 11:58am
love the pics!!! I hope to be putting valentinos this summer here!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 4:00pm
Finally got my youngest talked into giving it a try, trapped him in front of the neighbor girl. I had to make some concessions though, we have to use the row boat with the 9.5 on it because he is convinced my big loud mustang wont pull him slow enough... I have been wondering what his holdup is and apparently it was a mental thing with the mustang. Guess i need to complain less about the boring slow tubing speeds while he is in the boat, i'm sure it came from one of my comments.

I did get the neighbor kids skiing a couple weeks ago, they came over and wanted to tube, i threw a little fit and told them tubing was for no talent hacks that have no ability... so we went skiing!
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 4:16pm
+1 on the tubing.....I cant stand tubing. Last night about 7:45, a storm had run everyone off the lake, and it was like glass. I had a couple of older kids wakeboarding and me skiing. Some of the younger kids came over to the dock and wanted to tube. I said no way, not with this kind of water. They got in, and wakeboarded. Thank god they have adults like me around them!
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 1:27am
We finally got a little bit of video. Not the greatest quality but better than nothing. Usually it's just the 3 of us & I've been staying in the water with her to get her started. This time Grandma was along for the ride so we put her to work w/ the camera.
Tessa is usually only good for about 5 or 6 pulls before she's shivering, frustrated and done. She wants to be instantly good at it. She'll be 7 in December.    
Great thread Brian. Nice posts by all.

Tessa skiing
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 3:53am
More good photos and vids from all. Terp, looks like the wife is pulling your girl at a pretty good clip there. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2009 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Terp, looks like the wife is pulling your girl at a pretty good clip there. BKH

Yeah, there's been a learning curve for her too. Big difference between pulling 185# on one ski and 49# on 2.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2009 at 11:25am

This is a picture of my 12 yo skiing on his home made ski. He cut a piece of OSB plywood into the shape of his skimboard and wanted to try and ski on it. It took him about five or six times but he got up on it. Deep water start. After this photo we stuck a small fin on it, and he had a blast.
I broke down and ordered a wakeskate for him, but he may end up sticking with his own design!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2009 at 6:25pm
em,
Here's a project for you and your son.

Wakeskate gluing fixtue:

I used 5 layers of 1/8" plywood on the first one. I've tried to get my son to make one himself and have recommended 3 layers of the ply with 2 layers of carbon fiber. Maybe when he's done chasing the women!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2009 at 6:46pm
Oh no......I am not a wood worker! I used up all my woodworking skills for the Pinewood Derby (first place!). You are way above my skills. How did it turn out? I saw my sons contraction for bending the wood; I wish I had a photo! Two concrete blocks and an 80lb bag of water softener salt and the water hose.
If you could figure out a way to convince him the wakeskate would impress the girls, he would be in the garage nonstop! My son is just starting to think girls are so bad after all....downhill from here!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2009 at 8:49pm
Em,
That picture is about 3 years old. My son is still using the original wakeskate I made. Still holding up it's shape but due to some nicks on the edges, some of the oak has taken on some water and it's turning black. Oak does that!! I didn't go real overboard on the finish due to the usage a wakeskate gets. Polyurethane on both sides. The top got the anti skid which is silica sand sprinkled in (still maintains the clear finish) and then the bottom was wet sanded and buffed out.

So, if your son is the better woodworker and would like to give it a try, I do have more pictures and would be happy to help out. Show him the picture. Yes, The gluing fixture is better than a bag of salt and concrete blocks!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:14pm
IT WAS OUR TIME......

The lake was less than favorable. Water temps around 70 degrees, wind blowing a steady 20mph easy. We heading out of the marina in the Nautique, fighting 2 foot white caps (yes this is GL, WI)to reach some sort of skiable water. After rattling our teeth and freezing our butts off (maybe 73 degrees out), I ask my oldest daughter if she's going to ride or finally try slalom, which she has always wanted to try, but with always a reserve voice and attitude.
Well, we darn her with an oversized HO wmans Comp ski (she all of 80 lbs soaking wet). I thought, man this is heavy and she's going to have one heck of a time with it, but what the hell. She has good balance and arm strength, maybe she'll fight off the height and responsiveness of the ski..
Shivering on the platform, she get the ski on and we dump her in and we get ready. Now, there are boats everywhere, tubes, skiers and the like are trying to use the same water.. The waves are crashing over her head as she continues to keep the ski tip stright and body centered. Finally after waiting what seems to be a lifetime, I said to myself, screw it, we have to go.. I scream to her to "Ball up" and I hit it, giving the throttle a good jolt, but now enough to pull her over the top or handle from her hand...
I can see in the mirror, she's actually fighting, ski tip still coming out and centered, so I throttle up and out of the hole she comes !!! She leans back and is up and perfectly balanced and is skiing..... SHE's UP I Screamed. She has nailed the initial launch, never to have strapped a slalom ski on before or any ski on for years as she's converted to wakeboarding...
She's skiing and sees some flat water and head out to her strong side with a Sh*t eat'n grin the size of Texas and make a cut back to the boat, through the wake to the other side..
We are screaming in the boat, fists stabing the air and high fives around the boat with such disbelief, happiness and pride, Time-Stood-Still for me... My entire childhood flashed in my mind. People on the docks are screaming, people on other boats are clapping as the run seemed to never end.. Then she finally let go out of exhaustion...
I've never seen anyone master a deep water start the first time, especially in those conditions and carve for a mile... Choking up with pride, I jumped in, swam out to her, shirt, hat and all and wrapped my arms around her. It was her moment. With me growing up around water and skiing, "It was our moment". One I will truly never forget...

Nothing like a day on the lake to mark a footprint in your sole....

Moj'
My daughter Danielle, age 11

Yep a CCfan Fan

My 9 year old Gabrielle

Thanks Brian for the inspiration to write my little story for 2009'
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:31pm
Great story Moj. My mom is the only other person I've known who got up first try on a slalom. Good stuff. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:40pm
I'm hoping this will help teach them a few new things as well...

Ha... Picked her up Sat..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 21>
  Share Topic