NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foot run

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foot run
    Posted: July-07-2009 at 1:31am
I managed to get a quick foot run in before all the Wallie's came out on Sunday morning right after I got out of work.

foot run
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2009 at 1:27pm
Awesome! I didn't know Billy Mays footed. ;)
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:44pm
Nice foot run. We have been hitting the water with a lot of regularity, lately. We haven't got it all on video, but here is our last set:

Lost Boys Rip a Footset

This is not all barefooting, but a compilation of the action at our waterski club. The footers had a heavy presence. My friend and guest, Andy (GlassSeeker) impressed all with some serious footing.

Sheridan 4th of July
Got Foot?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 9:45pm
LakeBoy

Nice videos.

Mark

Thanks lol.
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 7:20pm
BTW, 87BFN you have a killer wake behind that boat of yours. Flat with very little churn. How long of a rope were you running, anf tell me what you know about Barefoot Nautiques?

I bought my '01 SN before I used my slalom ski for fire wood and became a raging barefoot addict. My wake is one of the sweetest on the water for slalom, but it sucks as a barefoot wake.
Got Foot?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 1:29am
I am using 100 feet of rope.

As for the barefooter the table is flat in even some what poor water conditions. Tullfooter can vouch for the performance in rough water as far a races go. The wake it self is considered to be a steep drop off to most, but it is very crossable. Mike Seipel drove it for the barefoot clinic a GL 07 and he said was the one thing he wished CC would do was bring back the BFN. He said it was his favorite boat to foot behind.

I am not sure if it's just me or what, but I find it much easier to foot behind the BFN than my Air. My uncle has a 90 SN and I have a little bit of trouble footing behind that as well, but I think it's just because I really do not foot behind either of those boats enough. I like the feel of the water more behind the BFN that the others.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 11:08am
LB
87's right about footing behind a BFN. I've footed behind all types of boats including many inboards. The first time I footed behnd a BFN, which happens to be the one I own now, because of that run, I could not believe the table behind the boat. There is virtually no prop wash at 100'. We run through waves that will make normal ski boats come out of the water, and the footer has a good chance of making it through.
It's hard to explain how sweet it is behind the BFN's. Most footers I know like to foot in the curl, outside the wake. With the BFN, directly behind the boat is as good as it gets. It also massages your feet, reducing the chance of blisters.
If you get to Michigan, I know you can run behind mine or 87's.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:17pm
Thanks guys for the props on the BFN. I love Nautiques. I had a '95, and now my '01. I only really started footing last July. I foot behind my boat quite a bit, and don't really like the wake at all. It has a complex shape, even though the wake itself is not large. And the churn is like a fire hose: real rough, especially less than 100'.

I have hooked up with footers in my area (Sacramento, CA, great ski town, BTW), and most have Sangers. Barefoot Sangers, or DXII's. Another coule of guys have Malibu Barefooters. When I said to my Sanger friend, " I didn't know Malibu made a barefoot boat," he replied, "They don't..." LOL. Always a little competitiveness between boat owners, eh.

So what is the best year for BFN? If I look for one, what should I look for/avoid?

Also, what is a "Wallie"??!
Got Foot?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:26pm
If you are footing in calm water you really don't need a BFN. Trick and jump are all done outside the wake. How serious are you about slalom anyway? Andy's DX would be the best thing for you to train wakes behind, the rest can be done with your 01 SN.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:35pm
LB
If I were to get another BF, and trust me, I'm always looking, I would like to have a low hour '89. I missed a couple last year, one ended up in the hands of a friend from Indiana (I think Ben's handle is 89BFN). The other was an '89 with only 162 hours that went for about $11,500. I've never footed behind the '91 which is a V-drive, but I've heard the wake is not quite the same.

The "Wallie" term is used for the newbie two plankers that are skiing slightly bent over, normally doing close to barefoot speed, and sometimes sporting the May West orange life preserver. They are always entertaining when they crash. But they are still one rung higher than the tubers when it comes to messing up the barefoot water.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:38pm
LB
If I were to get another BF, and trust me, I'm always looking, I would like to have a low hour '89. I missed a couple last year, one ended up in the hands of a friend from Indiana (I think Ben's handle is footer89). The other was an '89 with only 162 hours that went for about $11,500. I've never footed behind the '91 which is a V-drive, but I've heard the wake is not quite the same.

The "Wallie" term is used for the newbie two plankers that are skiing slightly bent over, normally doing close to barefoot speed, and sometimes sporting the May West orange life preserver. They are always entertaining when they crash. But they are still one rung higher than the tubers when it comes to messing up the barefoot water.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:41pm
Sorry, not used to the new format. How do we nix a post?
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:51pm
"newbie two plankers"...ROFL...dude you are killing me. The Mae West life vest is a notch above the vintage 70's ski belt!

I will need to keep my eyes peeled for an '89.

You gotta get out and ski with Andy and I. We have a public water spot called Lost Slough that is a mile long, straight as an arrow. Too narrow for 2-plankers and tubers. I've skied there at least 15 times in the last year and never saw another boat other than a fisherman...ever!

Any good "terms" for fisherman?
Got Foot?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Sorry, not used to the new format. How do we nix a post?

You can only delete a post in a short time window after it's made, after that editing is your only option. Moderators/Admin probably can clear it out if you edit and call it a duplicate post, though not a big problem.

All the BFNs are just fine, though 87-90 will give you the most interior room as the deck changed and the dash is further forward. They also have a more comfortable interior.

The next time I'm in CA will probably be to buy a Sanger DX!
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

If you are footing in calm water you really don't need a BFN. Trick and jump are all done outside the wake. How serious are you about slalom anyway? Andy's DX would be the best thing for you to train wakes behind, the rest can be done with your 01 SN.

Sorry, Hoolywood, I am always a malcontent! Always looking for the "next" boat. Mostly dreaming! You are right, I really have a good setup, especially with Andy and others. I wouldn't mind a "project" boat like a BFN, that hopefully would not lead to divorce!
Got Foot?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 3:02pm
Andy owned 84 BFN didn't he, or just regularly skied behind it "Nautank" he called it. Now he's rocking a DX, that should tell you something... If you'd be interested in a super clean 90 DX let me know, BKH has a lead on a really nice one under $5k
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2009 at 5:44pm
you bit it right in front of my house...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic