Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1987 barefoot nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
feetfirst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feetfirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1987 barefoot nautique
    Posted: September-07-2009 at 10:31pm
Looking for some help/advice. I own a 1987 barefoot nautique 2001. New stringers(2007) updated interior (2006). 850 hours on the ford 351.
The boat needs some engine work and some electrical work/wiring. Also, I have a crack in the engine exhaust manifold. I am being told to repower because it is not worth spending the $ on the older engine?? I cannot afford to repower. Any good shops in the Northeast where I can get some quality work?? Cannot find anyone to help.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2009 at 10:44pm
Where in the North East?
feetfirst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feetfirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2009 at 10:48pm
Boat is in Ct..
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 3:23pm
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 9:04pm

Hazard Marine in Oxford MA 508 987 8190 Just over the Ma border from CT on the eastern side of the state.   Rt. 395
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 4:44pm
I though BFN´s were standard with BBC´s...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

I though BFN´s were standard with BBC´s...

Not sure which was the option or which was standard, but they could be had with either. I believe the BBCs are much more common.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 6:52pm
"feetfirst" if you update yout profile with a location, persons can see where your at and may know of a shop nearby you. At one time I remember one being in New Fairfield.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
QUEBEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEBEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 12:58am
I THINK THE BBC WAS THE THE OPTION BUT 90% BAREFOOT NAUTIQUE HAVE THE BBC I HAVE ONLY SEEN 1 WITH THE 351 FORD.
feetfirst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feetfirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 11:57am
yes very rare we have the '87 with the 351.
QUEBEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEBEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2009 at 12:29pm
YES RARE BUT A VERY GOOD ENGINE. I WOULD HAVE IT CHECK OVER BY A GOOD TECH. HAVE A COMPRESSION TEST AND A LEAK DOWN TEST DONE ON THE ENGINE. DOES IT USE ALOT OF OIL. MANIFOLD ARE NO BIG DEAL. THE READING THEY GET WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF THE CONDITIONS OF YOUR ENGINE. THIS ENGINE IS A WORK HORSE 1200HRS + IF THE OIL WAS DONE ALL THE TIME.
GOOD LUCK
robertbruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertbruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2010 at 3:52am
I thought that the Dominique and the BFN essentially have the same hull. With the Dominique having the Ford 351 whereas the BBC 454 was reserved for the BFN.
QUEBEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEBEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 10:47pm
Yes same hull but not the engine.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 1:33pm
There's a certain family in your area that likes to tinker with their luster lacking slow boats, maybe they can help you.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 2:42pm
Easy there, Hardlywood. I reached out to this guy in September but never heard back. He's only a few miles away from me. I even have a set of exhaust manifolds. Oh well!
Footer 1952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2010 at 1:54pm
High newbie I'm an oldie 30 year barefooter I think you might be able to find a used manifold on ebay or internet. I've completed a rebuild myself of my 454 in my 86 footer. Be glad to email or skype with you about it.

John Emerick
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2010 at 6:10pm
John

Welcome to the site, and to the BFN club. Unless you're in Witness Protection, throw us some info as to where you call home. I see you used the express lane on the profile page.
We are huge fans of boat pics also, so bust out the old Polaroid and glue a photo to your avatar.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2010 at 10:47pm
John.
I'd also like to mention your post really is in the wrong section.
If you look at the description you'll see it states: "Learn how you can contribute to CorrectCraftFan.com" No big deal but you may get more response under the "general" category.

You've taken too many of those good old BF crashes. BUT!!! happy to see you're still out there!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Footer 1952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 1:26pm
Tullfooter
When I registered for this forum I saw something about an avatar photo but ignored it at that time. I can't find it now. Do you know where I can find it.
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 6:36pm
to be able to post an avater pics you need first to post your boat in the diaries section..some pics and a brief story is fine..once the diarie is uploaded..you will find it has an id number..with that id number then go to your profile and fill it up in the avatar box..it will show the first picture of the diary..hope I made myself clear...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic