NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot race in Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot race in Michigan
    Posted: September-15-2009 at 2:29pm
The Burning Soles (Hooters) Barefoot Team is heading to Big Rapids to compete in another endurance race. We will try to get an updated photo of our sponsor, using a better camera.

Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 3:20pm
Tull, Good Luck! Be sure to update us with the results and pictures.
FYI: I never get tired of looking at that picture!
Did you run the Bucket Head Classic this year I never saw any info on it.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 5:23pm
Good luck, post some pics of the results...and some of the skiing too.!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 7:20pm
Thanks for the support.
We did not run in the Buckethead race, due to the fact that we had two ski shows the same weekend, one on the lake we live on, and one on the lake our cottage is on. Sort of important shows.
It was a good race, with (11) teams participating. If I remember correctly, Top Gun took first, running the 37 miles in about 57 minutes. Rumor has it that it took only two of their footers to run the 18 miles to the turn around point. I'm guessing that Spanky, who skis on Top Gun, will chime in.
BTW, the picture above was taken at the Lansing, Michigan Hooters. Probably the friendliest Hooters crew I've experienced. Friday we will test the Grand Rapids Hooters and see if they stack up.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 1:18am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Friday we will test the Grand Rapids Hooters and see if they stack up.

No pun intended I'm sure
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2009 at 10:27am
Of course not.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

waterskier2007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterskier2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 12:31pm
you guys are all welcome

-Brendan Kirchner
Glass is made to be shattered

85BFN
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 1:09pm
Back in black!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 1:11pm
Back in black! How did the race go?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2009 at 2:38pm
We took 3rd out of 4 teams. There were (3) BFN's and one Mastercraft. The BFN's were 1,2,3.
It was our best race yet. We didn't even go through our rotation 2 times. In the past, we would go through our 5-man rotation a minimum of 4+ times. The two other BFN's were running at 46mph, we ran about 41mph. The water conditions were the best we've seen at this race. At the starting point there was about an 8" chop. 70% of the race was pretty smooth. We did have to avoid quite a few fisherman.
BTW, I was the designated driver. The younger guys took this one.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 6:03pm
That boat is legendary! Nice work.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 1:41am
Gotta agree with HW...love the looks of that boat...might have something to do with being full of Hooters.....girls.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 11:49am

The two other BFN's were running at 46mph, we ran about 41mph.

Steve, How does this work? Is that an elapsed time or is that just what your team decided to ski at. Can you run as fast as you want? The teams running 46, are they just hammer down? Is it an only inboard event, seem to think if there were outboards you'ld have some guys running a bit quicker. I'm guessing stamina might have something to do with the slower speeds? Never been to one of these in person but that must wild. Please get a picture of the fishermans faces when you crank by next time!!!
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 1:31pm
Alan
Basically the boats line up and start together at the sound of a horn. Teams can run at any speed they want. Our footers aren't used to the higher speeds. Our slowest guy foots well at 38mph, and our fastest, including myself, likes 42. Currently, my boat with a footer and 5 people in the boat will only run at 42. This race and the Buckethead race are inboard only. Many races allow any type of boat. Some of the better teams run Ski Pro I/O's. They have guys who will foot at 50+mph during a race.
Sorry I didn't get any photoss during the race, but one fisherman waved at us, and must have been missing three fingers and his thumb.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 6:03pm

Sorry I didn't get any photoss during the race, but one fisherman waved at us, and must have been missing three fingers and his thumb.

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic