Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Filter Replacement--85' SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1man1dog1cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Filter Replacement--85' SN
    Posted: September-28-2009 at 12:25pm
Can anyone tell me how to get the fuel filter out of the canister on a 1985 SN. Does the canister twist out of the cap, similiar to an oil filter? It has two 5/16" brass plugs on to and one on the bottom and four bolts on top that seem to simply mount the assembly to the bracket. I thought that one of the bolts, either center of top or center of bottom, would release the canister. Thanks in advance.
inglesideshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inglesideshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 3:39pm
plug on the bottom is to drain the water,the canister spins off just like the oil filter theirs a o-ring in the top.. 4 bolts on top hold the canister on. had to take mine off and put it in the vice it was alot easier out of the boat...
1989 nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 4:47pm
Thanks. I've heard that the fuel lines are gravity fed. Is that true? Will fuel start coming out of the tank line when I disconnect it.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 4:51pm
yes...you need to put a plug when you disconect them..i use a bolt or you can strangle the hose...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 6:42pm
Thank you Kapla.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1man1dog1cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 2:25pm
Got it fixed up last night. Runs Great. Thanks everybody.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic