Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001v-drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 21>
Author
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 10:39pm
Just for the record this boat is totaly smashed.there are cracks running not only the length of the water line but also from the skegs to the sides.It was in need of major repair but Chris's dad wouldn't let him do more than a few floor sections and gell I am sure was out of the question.So its not a perfect boat just a old ski nautique in need of some serious work.There was a hand full of things that where nice and cannot be reused but I am sure they can be passed on too somebody else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Ryan, were in Oklahoma are you?

Altus Oklahoma nine miles from the texas border.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 10:44pm
I'm from Duncan, but live a 1/2 mile off of Lake Murray
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 11:17pm
Pulled the gas tank and underwater gear today then put the boat on a rollaround,

left over interior,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 11:24pm
Boat factory had a 13-13 prop and was almost two inches from the hull.I called acme before I purchased a v-drive and he recomended a 1.5-1 tranny.I was told there where a ton of prop options and that a larger prop could be used safely.Im guessing I will end up with a 13.25-15.5 rh 105 cup

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 11:46pm
Ryan,you guys still footin or did you call it quits for the year?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 12:02am
We'll ski thru October then again on New Years Day. Start back up @ April
...those who have fallen and those who will.
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 12:32am
Ryan,

I guess you missed my message, I am interested in the interior what ya asking for it. Let me know via email my 85 all has wood frames and looks to be all fiberglass/plastic in this.

-Phil

My email addy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 1:00am
Phil,I will take a good look at the interior tommorow and snap some better pics so you know what your looking at.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 2:34am
Hey F & F, keep the posts coming, it will be interesting to watch how this thing comes together. Watcha ya got hiding over in the corner, white with blue and writing on the sides, I can't make it out...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 2:42am
Steve,thats a malibu skier waiting for its trailer.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 2:42am
Originally posted by form&function form&function wrote:

Boat factory had a 13-13 prop and was almost two inches from the hull.I called acme before I purchased a v-drive and he recomended a 1.5-1 tranny.I was told there where a ton of prop options and that a larger prop could be used safely.Im guessing I will end up with a 13.25-15.5 rh 105 cup

No offense to ACME they do good work but if they told you that they are mistaken. Your going to end up with a 38 mph boat if you run a 1.5 on that hull with that prop. Again if you want nothing but a weighted down wakeboard boat not an issue, and a good one inch shaft will hold up to that prop. A ton of prop options however is not a fact, I do have a 4 blade oj 13.5 x 17 x 1 rh that might work for you but it is as of now one of a kind. Imho, if you ever wanted to put any horsepower into that boat you will need a bigger shaft but what do I know that 3 or 4 thousand dollars worth of mistakes cant teach you.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 9:11am
Ryan,
No offence to Acme but they are a prop manufacturer and I feel they don't have much first hand experience dealing with unusual hull/trans/engine combinations. I think you should take a look at some of Joes threads on what he went through with his props. Yes, he has the HP you don't but the experimenting gave him lots of prop knowledge!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 8:01pm
I learned a important correct craft lesson today and am convinced after seeing mine that most people go about there daily lives oblivious to the degridation under there feet.From the time the floor is installed is a countdown to major damage from water retention and expanding foam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 8:03pm
Foam was full of water all the way to the top and as I pulled it out water ran out of the drain plug on the floor.

Water seeps in from everywhere.I had a skeg that was leaking into the foam and instead of running down the floor was being sucked up and spread through the boat.There was a minor leak in the exhaust and it too was being sucked up.Take a wave over the bow and it runs in your vents straight to the foam.Drip on the floor near the battery and the plastic tray channels water around the roof of the wood floor.Once it gets a little water underneath it apply's so much pressure on the floor it seperates from the wall compounding the problem.Not to mention polyester resin is not water resistant in the first place.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 8:58pm
Enough to drive a man to composite stringers and leaving out the so called "closed cell" form... I tend to agree that any of these boats that has actually been used is probably in similar condition. But, ingnorance is bliss and most will never find out what lurks under thier feet.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

But, ingnorance is bliss and most will never find out what lurks under their feet.

This is why I am not going to replace my carpet until I absolutely have to. It is all or nothing.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 12:37am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

But, ingnorance is bliss and most will never find out what lurks under their feet.

This is why I am not going to replace my carpet until I absolutely have to. It is all or nothing.

Ain't that the truth.

Don't look if you don't want to know. Once you do...
Mike N

1968 Mustang

MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 9:56am
I love posts like these...very inspirational. Please continue to post many pictures.
I have to think that under my floor probably looks similar to yours. I'm not going to find out any time soon though...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
84resto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84resto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 2:38pm
luchog, i dont want to hijack F&F's thread with details on my build.    If you point me to where you posted pics of mine I'll answer all teh questions you posted.

Also if youve posted on other sites send me the links for those as well. I'd be interested to see what everyone thought about the old 2001 becoming a vdrive.

Thanks
Dan
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 3:12pm
Resto,
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14368&KW=V%2Ddrive&title=span-classhighlightv-drive-span-2001-sn

Dont know how to link it nicely.

I just posted on this site, I guess overall the responses have been quite positive, you might have been the first one ever doing this convertion, so a few details could be improved, what do you think?

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 5:41pm
there you go luch...resto´s v-drive 2001

you have to go to the full option post and put that hiper link in the old way!!! first the title and then the link...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 5:51pm
I am going to whore this thread up with all kinds of stuff so it doesn't really matter what you guys talk about in here.
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 3:41pm
I have a few questions. What is the reason for converting it to a v-drive? Is it simply to increase the seating area? By moving the engine to the rear is the goal to increase wake size? Because of the fact that the hull will be the same I imagine it will not handle rough water any better am I correct? Not trying to be a smart ass just trying to educate myself.

also keep the updates coming.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 6:24pm
Craig,its real simple.The 2001 is a amazing wakeboat with just a thousand pounds you can make something very usable and still get decent mileage.We can board all day on twenty bucks and drag it home with less deisel.I sold a 09 last month because it would use over twice the gas of the 2001 and was a bear to drive.Just not as much fun.
The reason for the conversion is very simple.To correctly weight a 2001 you end up with bags on the floor and interior space much like a regular cab minitruck.When you convert to a vdrive the water tanks go next to the motor and under the bow leaving ample space for seating and storage under the wraparound seats.So its really all about space and nothing more.Attached is a pick of the dd 2001 weighted for reference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 6:27pm
Had to drive several hours today to pick up some douglas fir.Just like I thought decent would is a thing of the past but I got some usable peices.

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2009 at 11:51pm
Wacko, with more weight in the rear it will handle chop much better than before.

When water is choppy I send someone sit on the back and it smoothens the ride.
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 3:14am
Ok. Looking forward to seeing the finished product
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 5:06am
Ryan, glad you grabbed doug fir.

I'll search for pics of the all white 2001 with the original decals and pin stripes. It looks pretty dang good imho.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2009 at 10:25pm
Got the foam out today,not a fun job
I will start with the dumpster pick,bare in mind this is only port and bow foam,

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 21>
  Share Topic