Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001v-drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 192021
Author
84resto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84resto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 2:34pm
Wow, I cant believe it's been that long. Glad to hear your son is doing well and the boat is still alive.

Mine has given zero problems over the years (maybe in service a year or so longer than yours) I don't remember exactly. I wonder if anyone else did a conversion over the years.

This was the second email i received today from two projects I was involved with years ago and had long since gone quiet. I heard from an old acquaintance in Italy regarding some vintage motorcycles for the first time in 6-7 years. Emails came in an hour apart....
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 4:12am
I just read 21 pages of this thread, I joined the forum in 2014 so this is brand new to me.
First, very happy that your son recovered and your family survived the stress of a challenge that serious. Amazing that he recovered.

The boat build was a very interesting read with a lot of very creative work done in a very short amount of time. Very Nice and Thank You for the read!
Mark
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2022 at 10:25am
It's been a long time since I've seen this thread. Seems like a lifetime ago from looking at the pictures. The boat has served us flawless over the years. Only thing I've ever done is a impeller at year 7 and trailer tires year 8. Just this year I had to rebuild the carb and pickup in the dist. Don't think any machine has ever treated me this good. It has taught kids to ski,board and skate. It raised my family on the water. I learned how to barefoot on this boat along with all my friends. I would post pictures but it looks exactly the same and the forum is a little challenging with the linking. Hope everyone is doing well.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2022 at 3:28pm
Glad things continue to get better.   You really built the most unique Nautique I have ever seen and it was well thought out and finished in a very short amount of time considering the thousands of hours needed to complete the project.  It is great you were able to keep it.
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2023 at 2:41pm
Well my son if off to school in a few months and I'm hitting the the road in my rv. I would consider passing this boat to a new caretaker if it felt right.
359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2023 at 10:58am
This was a pretty awesome read. I'm glad to hear your son is doing well and you were able to keep the boat. The picture of him a few pages back looks just like my boy.

Theres a few things I may have missed, like the ski pylon and how you connected the exhaust.

"Passing along" to a father of three? My kids are 9,7, and 4, and just getting into tubing. I thought about converting my 2001, but the kids like tubing, my wife wants to learn to ski, and I want to try wakeboarding. Maybe I'll just start with some ballast bags and see how it goes.
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2023 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by 359 359 wrote:

I thought about converting my 2001, but the kids like tubing, my wife wants to learn to ski, and I want to try wakeboarding. Maybe I'll just start with some ballast bags and see how it goes.

That's definitely the way to start, IMHO. I suspect you give up quite a bit of versatility in terms of behind the boat activities when converting to V-drive, leaving aside the massive scope of the project itself. One of the most appealing aspects of the 2001 hull to me is that, with a relatively small boat, I can wakeboard, wakesurf, slalom ski and pull a tube just by varying where and how much ballast (or a wake shaper) is used.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
359 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2023 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Wilhelm Hertzog Wilhelm Hertzog wrote:

Originally posted by 359 359 wrote:

I thought about converting my 2001, but the kids like tubing, my wife wants to learn to ski, and I want to try wakeboarding. Maybe I'll just start with some ballast bags and see how it goes.

That's definitely the way to start, IMHO. I suspect you give up quite a bit of versatility in terms of behind the boat activities when converting to V-drive, leaving aside the massive scope of the project itself. One of the most appealing aspects of the 2001 hull to me is that, with a relatively small boat, I can wakeboard, wakesurf, slalom ski and pull a tube just by varying where and how much ballast (or a wake shaper) is used.
Thats partly why I bought the boad I did. The kids can tube as well as learn to ski, and I can learn to wakeboard and wakesurf. I'd like to have more interior room, but it's usually just me and the kids. Sometimes my wife comes with us. (five total)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 192021
  Share Topic