NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SKI NAUTIQUE 2001 DECAL RESTORATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 9>
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2011 at 12:48pm
Tim,
Any luck with the decals for my '85???
Let me know and I'll send you a check.
pheinbach@hotmail.com   Thanks
StuMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2011 at 5:17pm
Tim, just recieved my decals, they look great. I might have to take Friday off work to apply them to be ready for the weekend.
Thanks again
sfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 12:53am
Tim awesome job! We have a 1989 SN 2001 in need of both side decals and hull. The boat is grey and there's that wide blue decal, thin light blue stripe and then the white lettering. On the 89 the lettering is that small blocks, which I doubt can be duplicated. Are you able to also make the wide blue decal?
89SN2001
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 1:10am
Originally posted by sfish sfish wrote:

Tim awesome job! We have a 1989 SN 2001 in need of both side decals and hull. The boat is grey and there's that wide blue decal, thin light blue stripe and then the white lettering. On the 89 the lettering is that small blocks, which I doubt can be duplicated. Are you able to also make the wide blue decal?

89 Decals with checkered lettering can be duplicated and have been. Check out this thread if you cant find them. I have a direct contact if you need it. He did mine and did an outstanding job on helping me keep it Original.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16890&KW=89+decals&title=if-you-need-shadow-span-classhighlightdecals-span-span-classhighlight89-span-90-found-them

Good Luck

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
sfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 5:10am
Thanks so much for the lead. Can you provide an email address so I can contact him?
89SN2001
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 12:03pm
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by sfish sfish wrote:

Thanks so much for the lead. Can you provide an email address so I can contact him?

Check out the above post and link. His contact info should be around page 3 of the original post. This is an option if you want to keep your boat original with 89 decals.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
wetvette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2011 at 12:41pm
I just received my '89 decals from Ryan at N3 Boatworks yesterday. I got everything. All the swoopes, side decals inc. "2001" (which had been elusive), transom, and warning decals. It took several months but they had to have them made. I'm just happy to finally have them! Probably same maker as link above
wetvette
slalomman10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomman10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 10:37pm
Im redoing my '85 ski nautique. How much can you do the decals all around for it and how much for the white with red shadowing? Can you do a custom decal for the back?
ski for life
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 12:57am
I can make you the two color for $225 including shipping. What do you have in mind for the back?
Tim D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomman10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 5:24am
Not sure yet I think I just want it to say competition ski boat like normal just larger size. How much for just all white and white shadowing?
ski for life
sfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2012 at 12:26pm
Hi Tim. Looking to replace the Ski Nautique decals on our 1989 2001 SN. I was able to locate the 2001 decals, but not the Ski Nautique for a 1989, it's a checkered looking decal. Anything that you can assist me with?
89SN2001
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 11:49pm
I don't make the '89 style. You can get the factory decals from David. Email him sales@whitelake.com
Tim D
Hooty222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hooty222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 8:53pm
Hello Tim, I would like to purchase replacement decals for my 86 2001, Hull stripes are maroon, I mention that incase your able to add the red accent to the white lettering. Anyway would like to get the order processing.
guide me on what you need from me.
stierhe4@aol.com

Thanks Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomman10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 8:57pm
Hey Tim, I am wanting to order the decals for my 85 model 2001. My email is codysweber@gmail.com. Just let me know what you need from me. Thanks, Cody
ski for life
JCF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 4:35pm
Tim, I have 1985 Ski Nautique that has a gray haul with a maroon stripe and I am interested in getting a set of haul decals. What is the current price?   and   What other info do you need   Thanks JCF
Livin' for the lake
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 11:54pm
tim im needing an entire set sides and back for an 82 ski nautique in white..how much will this be and where do i send money? is paypal an option?
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by reftech reftech wrote:

tim im needing an entire set sides and back for an 82 ski nautique in white..how much will this be and where do i send money? is paypal an option?

Ref - your boat has painted graphics... decals would work, but applying a 3 color stripe and having it look good is going to be time consuming.   I would repaint if it were me( it will be in a couple years).
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 4:27pm
Yes but I would have to mask the lettering because it was stenciled originally. It will be easier to paint then clear over vinyl graphics
drlandis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drlandis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 4:31pm
Tim, can you make the decals for a 77 SN, sides and transom?
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 4:57pm
I'd be interested in a set for a "77 SN as well. Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

JCF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2012 at 6:02pm
Tim,   I forgot to include my e-mail from the above request for the 1985 SN gray hull with maroon stripe. Need a price for complete set of hull decals. The ones on there now are gray with a red shadow. Thanks   jfryback@omnisource.com
Livin' for the lake
Scottie m View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 1:25am
Hi Tim,
I would like a set of side decals for a 85 2001
Here is my e-mail scottiem247@yahoo.com
When you get a chance please e-mail me and let me know what you need from me
Thanks!
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 5:25pm

Yes but I would have to mask the lettering because it was stenciled originally. It will be easier to paint then clear over vinyl graphics

A gerber mask is a great way to "mask" your original graphics. then you just tape the stripes, spray, and then remove the gerber mask. Albiet time consuming, 3m fineline tape would do a fine job of masking the letters if you didn't want to order a mask.
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 11:27pm
dreaming ive never heard of a gerber mask but it sounds like something i may be interested in.the fine line tape would be a pita.where can i find the mask?
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 12:07am
dreaming i looked at the gerber tape online.its a great idea and the low tack removable adhesive would be ideal but it seems to only come in yellow and is 4 mils thick so how would i see through it to cut my letters out after masking with it?and since its thick i dont believe i could feel the letters because the paint on the hull is very thin.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 8:47am
The suggestion was to go with a Gerber Mask and not their tape. A vinyl sign shop makes the mask. You take a tracing of the lettering to them and they cut it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 11:15am
Sorry for the misunderstanding dreaming.Pete that would work.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 3:10pm

Sorry for the misunderstanding dreaming.Pete that would work.

I think the mask Idea is the way to go, but a tight budget might lead you to the fine line tape, althought I agree that would be TIME CONSUMING
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2012 at 7:47pm
Pete makes it sound so easy to trace the lettering and take it to a sign shop. Tracing lettering on compound curves is not easy, especially near the windshield where the hull is curving to the bow and from top to bottom the hull has a concave curve. On the early 2001's where the gel is the lettering and there are three different values of a color in the background, it would be hard to line a mask up to it. Remember Gerber Mask is a brand name, not really the best out there. If I was doing the early style, I would use Frisket to mask out the lettering. Frisket is a soft tac stencil material that airbrush artist use. You can see through it and it cuts very easy. You could apply it to the hull, cut the outline of the letters and peel the excess, then mask and spray each color in the background. 3M makes a tape called The Edge that gives a very hard-edge line.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic