Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winterizing 70 Barracuda 351 Holman Moody

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
zosom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zosom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterizing 70 Barracuda 351 Holman Moody
    Posted: November-02-2009 at 8:17pm
Hello, I am new to the site. Just bought a 1970 CC Barracuda. IT has a 351 Holman Moody engine and I am looking for any advice for winterizing. It will be stored in a barn, (Not heated) in Northeast Ohio. I have taken the drain plugs out of the block and the exhaust manifolds. I also took the hose off the water pump. Is there anything else I need to do in particular for this engine? I have seen people cover it with blankets and many other options. What do I need to do. First time with this boat and would love some direction from the seasoned professionals. Thanks for any help.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 9:05pm
There is a 5th drain plug on the bottom of the U pipe (next to the raw water pump). Also, pull the lower (water) hose off of the transmission cooler (I assume it has one). If you have a raw water stainer, that should be drained to. Adding antifreeze is optional but is good for peace of mind when the temp drops below zero. You can add it (2 gallons) by pouring down the thermostat inlet hose. Change your engine oil & trans fluid. Squirt some oil in each cylinder, roll it over a few times, then let it snow!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2009 at 10:08pm
Jacob,
The H/M cooling is so simple it's not hard as most. You have done pretty much everything except as Chris (SNobsessed) mentioned you will want to check the trans cooler however, you don't need to look for the 5th plug he mentioned. You don't have one!!

Antifreeze is optional.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2009 at 9:23pm
Sorry, I thought it was the same as a PCM.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic