NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage Trick Ski Footage

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phickman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phickman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintage Trick Ski Footage
    Posted: November-19-2009 at 12:31am
Cool video from 1969 found on youtube of trick skiing. Fun video, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyfGlMw2Ly4
Paul Hickman
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2009 at 12:05pm
The run:
2 skis: WO,R,B,F,O,R,LB,LF,WLB,WLF.
1 Ski: WO,R,SS,B,F,O(NC),R,LB.
Toe tricks: TB,TF,TWB,TWF.
Try that on a old pair of wood sticks. In today's world those trick should be worth double what the rules give.

Love the shorts!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2009 at 7:49pm
Great video. Anyone ever see the video "Waterskiing Ken White". Great video from the 60's and 70's. Jody, did you know that guy?
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2009 at 1:34am
I knew Ken. He was a great guy and a great skier. He had it all. Looks, spoke well and was good at what he did. He ended up in the SCR in the 80's so I was able to get to know him.
83Ski
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2009 at 10:50am
What is SCR?

I had never heard of him. It lists all his water ski records at the back of the video and he did a lot. Good trick skiing in the video.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2009 at 12:51pm
South Central Region
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2009 at 4:14am
he was a heck of a slalom skier too. He ran a ski school in the Dallas area. I think he grew up in Cali and then moved to God's country in the 80's.
83Ski
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2009 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Great video. Anyone ever see the video "Waterskiing Ken White". Great video from the 60's and 70's. Jody, did you know that guy?

I ran across Ken at a few tournaments in the distant past. Great person and was a true personality in the sport.

Here is another video that is from the Picko's ski center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsDvGtEXrYk&feature=related

The Nautique in the bacground and some of the shots was one of my boats.
This is where my son and daughter now train. curently Cory has trained the following in the last year: Regina Jaquess World slalom record and world overall record holder, Javier Julio World overall champion, Adam Sedelmeier #2 in the world overall, Stephen Seal US men national jump and overall champion, (also AWSA rankings list champion). Caroline Hensley jr Masters champion and world jr champion. Adam Pickos National boy3 trick record holder. Monica Seal National jump podium (3rd) the list goes on and on very sucessfull ski school.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 3:51am
Cool old video! I've got hours of 8mm video of my dad and Pauly-Banana from the late 60s early 70s doing a lot of trick skiing! Fun to watch now and then! They were using home-made tricks!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 4:46pm
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 5:46pm
No D3's, Wyleys, or Masterline, just good old fashion wood tricks (problably Cypress Guardens brand) and some talent.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2011 at 5:54pm
I don't think the "surf skiing" is the best thing for structural integrity of a boat. or the rider's backs!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 2:30am
Ken White was a great water skier. I did not see much from Mike. He said surf skiing was his specialty??? I did not see anything special?? I bet the people in the boat had a good time.
83Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic