Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fitting oil drain hose to 97 snob

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fitting oil drain hose to 97 snob
    Posted: January-08-2010 at 11:41pm
Hi there
my name is marc and I am from oz,and have a 97 open bow ski nautique with a GT 40 motor,and I purchased an oil drain hose from skidim,and I want to know how to lift the engine slightly to install the fitting to my sump.
I don't want to stuff up the alignment.
Has anyone fitted one of these drain hoses?Maybe there is an easy way.

cheers
marc from OZ
outbackski
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 11:18am
Marc,
If you lift the engine in anyway, I suggest a alignment after it's set back down. You'll need to disconnect the prop shaft coupling anyway so it would be a good opportunity to do the alignment. If you can't get the hose on without lifting the engine, a couple small bottle jacks under the aft end of the exhaust manifolds work great. You'll need to loosen the front engine mounts and unbolt the aft mounts.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 12:59pm
I am surprised it doesn't already have one. Do as Pete suggested, an alignment is easy on a DD and you will gain some knowledge about your boat in the process.

Where down under are you, Marc? We have several members in your part of the world.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 1:31am
Hi Guy's
thanx for your reply,I had a look at the thread on this site re engine alignment and it looks pretty simple ,so I will give it a go.
I am currently living in the snowy mountains of new south wales in a town called Jindabyne ,the lake is fed by snow my neice also lives here and she also has a snob 99 model.
This is a great site,I enjoy reading and getting all the information I need to keep my boat ship shape.you guys have been a great help now and in the past.I also purchased a ski vest from the store.
Look forward to further correspondance.

cheers
marc from OZ
outbackski
marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 1:34am
Also I have another question,where do I get a vehicle diagnostic tool or a scn tool to suit the GT 40 motor.I have seen one that autobarn sell that is supposed to do the GT 40 motor vehicle,do you know if it will work with the nautique.
marc
outbackski
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 11:59am
Marc,

I have a '97 Ski Nautique and I installed a quick drain oil hose on it. Bruce at Mid West Correct Craft told me that I may have to lift my engine, but I didn't have to. Bruce also told me that the reason that some of the '97s didn't have a quick drain on them was becasue the one used prevoiulsy interferred with the bottom of the hull. It is very close as you will see. The one I got was a fitting that screwed into the oil pan and had holes in 3 of the six sides of the nut. You screw it into the oil pan and then depending on where it gets tight you then screw the hose into the appropriate hole and then put plugs into the other 2 holes. I thought it was going to be a tough job, but actually took less than 30 minutes to install. Good luck. Kevin
marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 5:03pm
kevin
that is what i am looking for,where did you get that fitting?
was it from a hardware ,marine or auto shop.? maybe they have a website.
marc
outbackski
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by marc marc wrote:

Also I have another question,where do I get a vehicle diagnostic tool or a scn tool to suit the GT 40 motor.I have seen one that autobarn sell that is supposed to do the GT 40 motor vehicle,do you know if it will work with the nautique.
marc

Mark do you have a reference to that part at Autobarn. If so I could check it out for you. The guys here may not even know what a Autobarn is as I dont think that chain exists in the US.

What part of Australia are you in? We have a few members on this site from Australia now.

We need some pictures also. Try and get your diary page setup.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

The guys here may not even know what a Autobarn is as I dont think that chain exists in the US.

Hopefully it's not the equivalent to Autozone here in the states!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 11:13pm
http://www.autobarn.net/eqobdiicodre.html
this is the site that I found the scanner on,and I believe it is a US sit.
I am located in the snowy mountains of New South Wales in the town of Jindabyne.I will post some pics soon and update my profile.
the scanner is supposed to do the GT 40 motor in cars so I can;t see why it would not work on a boat as long as the ECU plug is the same.
marc
outbackski
marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 12:42am
Hi Kevin
can you tell me where you bought that fitting,cause I want one,that is a great idea.maybe they will ship to OZ,it is a much better idea than mucking around with engine alignment.

cheers marc
outbackski

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 4:05pm
Marc,

I got mine from Bruce Foutz at Mid West Correct Craft. The fitting and the hose all came as a kit. It was a PCM P/N if I remember correctly. Bruce now works for N3 Boatworks in Indianapolis. He is listed on their web site which is n3boatworks.com. If you contact Bruce, I'm sure he can help you out. Kevin
marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 4:42pm
Kevin
thanx mate,I will try to contact him.
marc
outbackski

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 12:36am
Marc,

I found my receipt from where I bought the Oil Drain Kit. The PCM P/N is RK024056C. Hope this helps. Kevin
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 12:47am
I have the very same one that I got from my CC dealer many years ago. It's a very tight fit in a Mustang but your engine should be more level than mine. It started dripping oil awhile back,had to make a wrench out of 1/4" aluminum to get my hand in there to tighten it up.Try to put the hose on the side that will try to tighten it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 2:41am
Thanx gary and kevin
I managed to contact Bruce and he is going to get back to me with a price and availability ,and shipping to Oz..
I will also google that part number.
marc
outbackski
marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2010 at 9:32pm
hi guys
Bruce foutz has the oil drain kit and it's on it's way to me in OZ,thanx again you guys have been great.
marc
outbackski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic