NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1971 Centurion/Centurian?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1971 Centurion/Centurian?
    Posted: February-04-2010 at 2:04pm
A guy I know picked up a stored cherry all original boat that I'm looking for info on. It has a 307chebby and its an io. Nice looking boat,anybody heard of em?
Brian
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2010 at 2:56pm
Can't tell you a whole lot. I looked into the company history a few years ago to see if the low profile/hi performance centurions of the 70s was the same company as the ski boats of today. Their website used to have a good company history but its gone now and I don't remember the details other than they are the same company. Started out in the 70s I believe, and as I said, low profile jets and I/Os and such. I looked at one about 7 years ago (ad just said Centurion) It was a nice low profile hull, but a dog of a 4 cyl. engine. I think they evolved into traditional DD ski boats around 79. I guess they were ok, kind of a second tier boat under CC,MC,malibu. They did make a well regarded outboard BF boat in the 80s. For the past several years, they got out of the ski boat business completely and just do wake boats now. Somewhat well regarded I believe, but if you look closely at the fit and finish they are not CCs.

I'll bet BKH can add to this as he has a good handle on the CA boat companies.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2010 at 3:02pm
I agree with the above. I remember reading an article on their history in a WaterSki Magazine. They were into vdives and racing boats, the transitioned into ski boats, and now are strictly wake boats.

I'm not old enough to remember by experience, but it seems like they made a pretty good product.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic