Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new boat, need help!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
xjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new boat, need help!
    Posted: February-09-2010 at 11:13pm
got a 91 ski coming fri and the prop is slightly damaged, we will be test running but i would like to put a new prop on before the the run to make sure there are no shaft probs.

it has the stock 14x16 on it
what would be a good replacement for wakeboarding w/ ballast
thanks
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 1:19am
acme 1442 3 blade
revs a little higher say 200 rpm...but holeshot is improved over stock..no top end sacrifice and almost same fuel consumtion
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 1:40am

Welcome to the site xjay !!!!
xjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 5:18pm
what about the 422 thats what whitelake recommended?
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 8:18pm
Xjay,

You can purchase a prop directly from Delta Prop.com and get a discount on you purchase by being a member of CCFan.com. Delta is a sponsor of this site. Look for the banner on the site.

Donald
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by xjay xjay wrote:

what about the 422 thats what whitelake recommended?

Jay,
I don't know if you read the other thread on props just below this one but it addresses the 1442 prop as well. Other threads too on props but notice in that thread Tims (TRBenj) post. He did a major hands on and on the boat study with Acme as well as OJ props. He too suggests the 1442 for the use you are describing.

If you want to do some reading, do a search and see what others have to say.

Welcome to CCfan.

BTW, maybe White Lake has the 422 prop in stock and would like to sell it????!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
xjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 1:04am
thats a good point, thanks for the info
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 6:52pm
I have a 1442 and came from the original 14 x 16. i felt a great improvement on the holeshot when i put the 1442. I put around 2000lb of ballast for boarding and this prop handles them quite well.
Now with the gt40p heads, cam, and intake..well that is another story...I can hammer it with all the ballast and the boat jumps out out the water like it has no weight at all...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic