Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot suit?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chris4x4gill2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot suit?
    Posted: April-15-2010 at 10:42am
What is the difference in a Barefoot suit and a regular wetsuit? Is it just additional flotation?
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2010 at 11:21am
The added floatation is part floatation, part protection. The added padding in the butt area protects while butt riding or three pointing while doing deep ups, tumble turns and anything else that puts you on your a$$ (like missed bombers). There's padding on the chest and back for the same reason. Barefoot suits have better zippers, have straps on the legs, and are also thicker, which is nice.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2010 at 12:50pm
In addition...

A barefoot suit lets you slide into the water on a fall. If you are wearing a normal wetsuit and jacket you can fall and the jacket will stop you from sliding into the water.....which causes other body parts (feet) to keep going. This causes a scorpion (feet try to hit head).....which is no fun.

Tim

Chris4x4gill2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris4x4gill2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2010 at 1:48pm
good info. I didnt think about the padding.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2010 at 9:06pm
Whats the average asking price for a dry suit? any brand recomentation?
I might consider getting one for the winter...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2010 at 9:31pm
Eagle sports makes one for sale on BarefootCentral.com that I've found to be very durable.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

In addition...

A barefoot suit lets you slide into the water on a fall. If you are wearing a normal wetsuit and jacket you can fall and the jacket will stop you from sliding into the water.....which causes other body parts (feet) to keep going. This causes a scorpion (feet try to hit head).....which is no fun.
Tim

With the BI Iron shorts under a barefoot suit I was amazed at how well you do slide on top of the water. It is a amazing feeling. I was going to give it a try with just a vest and pants originally. These guys and the mental picture I had of the scorpion convinced me it would be cheaper to purchase a Barefoot suit than the physiotherapy required after one.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2010 at 11:30am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Whats the average asking price for a dry suit? any brand recomentation?
I might consider getting one for the winter...

I like barefoot international.

Tim

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2010 at 1:07pm
Made the mistake of Footing with shorts and regular jacket last year, all that was available. Call me the Scorpion King. 2nd fall popped my right ear drum, which thankfully from the good old USMC is non functional. 4 Weeks later I popped my left eardrum. From now on, Barefoot suit, shorts and earplugs.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2010 at 4:08pm
http://www.masterlineusa.com/Intensity/Mens

Currently Intensity wetsuits are running some pretty good deals on suits.
We use their jump suits and they are nice.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Jtonor1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtonor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 6:43pm
Barefoot suits also zip in the front instead of the back. I like Eagle suits I have two of their suits, i think sleeveless is better than sleeved.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

http://www.masterlineusa.com/Intensity/Mens

Currently Intensity wetsuits are running some pretty good deals on suits.
We use their jump suits and they are nice.

I did catch the barbed wire for $100 plus shipping!!

I forgot about the shorts though...

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 9:18pm
About scorpions..gee I had 2 in my count..both due to attemps in choppy waters...last one was 2 weeks ago and I still have some pain left in the lower back...That I can feel when I arck back my back...
bubbaskier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbaskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2010 at 3:11pm
Go with the BI. They seem to glide better on the water (less friction)IMO. My moto is, "Buy quality and only cry once".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic