Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water skiing behind a 16' with the Buick V^

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
todd_vec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todd_vec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water skiing behind a 16' with the Buick V^
    Posted: May-05-2010 at 11:17pm
           I'm considering buying an old Skier with a Buick V6, I'd assume the Buick Dauntless. I'm concerned whether or not the 6 cylinder would have enough power to pull me up on a 68" slalom weighing 200lbs? I grew up skiing behind a '75 Ski Nautique with a 351 and wonder how much less the 16 footer with the 6 will perform. Thanks.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2010 at 11:30pm
you should look up martymabe. He has a 66 skylark with the Buick v6 engine. There is a video on this site where he is being pulled on a slalom ski. He's owned the boat for some time and could probably answer all of your questions regarding the performance of this boat.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2010 at 2:11am
As long as your an 'avid' skier, no problems.If you know how to get up with no problems,it's a hoot. As for trying to teach someone ,their first time skiing, it can get a little frustrating with someone of your statue. But if you know how to get up,then it has plenty of torque.
Been doing it since 1970 behind the 'ole 66. It came with a 1-bbl carb.I've since put a 2-bbl intake and rochester carb on it.Probably 38mph out of it, maybe a little more.Never had the gps on her yet.

You-tube videos under

1966Skylark1
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
two0426 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote two0426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 3:45am
First thing you MUST do is download/install the auctioneer addon. This addon will Cheap wow gold buy wow power leveling aion wedding dresses wow power leveling save you tons of time in the future as it will help you find items that are selling way below actual prices. This is by far the best addon I have ever seen. (Probably because I spend 90% of the time in game at the auction house!) Once you have auctioneer installed you will want to just scan the auction house a lot for about a week to get accurate values on items. By a lot I mean no more than 3 times a day. Try to do morning, afternoon, and then again in the evening. What's aion gold that you say? You have to work? Well, you do not want to scan less than once per day. I find myself only scanning 2 times a day because I don't have a whole lot of free time anymore to play. Now that you have at least a week worth of data you can start finding things to
buy wow gold for pennies while you sell them for gold! There is a function in auctioneer that will tell you what items are selling for way cheap and you can even specify for it to show items that will make you 5-10 gold if you want. Probably one of the BEST features of the auctioneer addon! Once you do that you will also want to do a manual search on the auction house to double check prices and make sure that the price wasn't dropped because of that wedding dresses item being flooded on the auction house. You will also want to check to make sure how many times the item has been listed on the auction house since you started scanning, just to make sure someone originally didn't jack up the price when it shouldn't have been. On a side note, this will not be the case too much after you have scanned the auction house everyday for a month or so. Now that you found an item and bought it you
are louis vuitton handbags going to relist it! There are some simple rules to follow xxwanqqhm when listing items on the auction house. First, you ALWAYS want to list items for 24 hours any less time and you are wasting money. Second, ALWAYS set a buy out price on items. Think of it this way, when you found an item you want for your character on the auction house and the item doesn't have a buy out price, what do you do? If you are like 99% of the players online you want it NOW! If you can't have it now you look somewhere else. Am I right? Third, ALWAYS set your buy out price just a little lower than the wedding dresses competition. We want to sell the item as soon as possible and we don't want to have to relist it unless it is a very high ticket item. Ok, well that does it for this auction house guide. Remember to look for more gold guides for the auction house to come. As always be sure to bookmark this page and check out the other FREE world of warcraft guides.zdm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic