NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

70 Wildcat project...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 Wildcat project...
    Posted: June-30-2010 at 2:14am
Throwing this back out to see if anyone is interested in a project? Hate to do it, but she is getting closer to being parted out.... I bought it mainly for the trailer.

PO had painted the hull....

deck needs to be painted...

boxes of misc part..gauges, steering wheel, windshield, etc..

prefer to sell the hull and all parts as a package..../ with or without the 318/velvetdrive...

let me know if any interest?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 12:31pm
Steve, Im sure you dont need me to tell you this, but project hulls are pretty tough to get rid of if they dont have a trailer- I know thats usually a deal breaker when Im looking at something. Unfortunately, theres probably more value in the parts as well.

That being said, Id be interested in the pylon if you have one!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

That being said, Id be interested in the pylon if you have one!

dibs on the buckets
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 1:06pm
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 1:16pm

Gauges???    Fuel and Amp possibly Tach.

AT
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 2:17pm
what state is it all in?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 3:55pm
Windshield please ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 4:29pm
look what ya started Tim!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

what state is it all in?

its in the state of dis-repair

actually I'm in NW IL.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 5:43pm
If I do decide to part the boat there are a few guys that have, as Chris says, "first dibs" on a few things. The seats(if I do get rid of them...might want for future project myself?) and gauges come to mind...

Tim, dont think it had a ski pole..

Pat, I can bring the hull up and park it next to your old blue CC..    what do you need the "flat glass" windshield for?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 11:35am
Steve,   Why would the Southwind not be a better choice for a project?

Just curious.    Looked at both pics.    Just me personally, I would start with the one that had not been painted.

AT
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Steve,   Why would the Southwind not be a better choice for a project?

Just curious.    Looked at both pics.    Just me personally, I would start with the one that had not been painted.

AT

The Southwind has MAJOR stringer rot. That combined with a cracked engine block and rotted interior, and other missing pieces, to me would exceed the value of just buying a running boat.

The Wildcat ,at least has a sound hull to start with.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 4:12pm
My brother bought the 68 skinautique from Lake Geneva . I thought it might work on it .It has a piece of plexiglass now . I think it would look better with your windshield, if it would fit .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 4:42pm
Pat, nice pick up. I have my doubts that a Wildcat windshield would fit though- thats a big (wide) boat. I would keep on the lookout for a period correct Taylor Made or have one made by that company in FL ($$$). Every once in a while one pops up on ebay or craigslist. You just need to know the height and width that youre looking for.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 5:08pm
Thats the one Tim . Runs great . Basicaly replaced exhaust hose and impellers. Ready to go for this season .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 6:39pm
Pat,
Glad to see you guys got the 68!

Gonna run it on the "Mighty Rock"?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 9:27pm
No He runs it on lake Wawasee in Indiana.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Yellowbird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellowbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2012 at 12:39am
Will you sell the gauges?
Stevetodisco1@Verizon.net
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic