Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What Small Block Chevy options in 1978 with Merc?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Small Block Chevy options in 1978 with Merc?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Small Block Chevy options in 1978 with Merc?
    Posted: July-13-2010 at 7:13pm
Hey Folks,

I am waiting to hear back on a Southwind I am buying that has a small block Chevy with a Mercury Marine conversion.   Can anyone provide me info on this set up?   What were the engine options?   327? 350? Horsepower ratings?   Tranny and gear box?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I went to the "Reference" section and went through the manuals but they all reference the price sheet to see engine options and the price sheets were not scanned.

Thanks again.

Dave
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2010 at 7:32pm
Dave,
In 78, the Chev would have been the 350 marinized by OMC.

You can take a look through the diaries section besides the reference. Select the year and the model and you'll see what others had in their boats. The only problem sometimes with it, you don't know if the boat is original. That's where you need to ask. There's always someone around that will know!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic