FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Two ’89 Wiring Diagrams?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two ’89 Wiring Diagrams?
    Posted: March-03-2004 at 1:22am
We now have two different wiring diagrams in the Reference Section. Can someone please help determine which year each of these diagrams are from?

Thank you.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2004 at 1:54pm
Keith,

Having spent some time under the dash on my '89, I can vouch for the authenticity of the diaghram I just sent you. Perhaps there were early and late '89 versions.

Jeff
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2004 at 12:44am
Keith,

I can vouch for the authenticity of the diagram I sent. The main difference between the one I sent and the one Jeff sent is the presence of the buss bars. My boat is an '89 2001 however it was built in October '88. That may be the difference. Mine does not have the positive buss bar depicted but a friend of mine did. These diagrams may differ somewhat from what some boats of that era actually look like today. The ground wires were daisy chained to each other across the dash CBs and guages) and often ground problems came to be. As a result, some mechanics rewired the dash and did away with the daisy chain by adding in addition and seperate grounds for the circuit breakers and guages.
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2004 at 2:06am
mrese,

One other difference I noticed is the layout of the gages. Does your boat's dash agree with your wiring diagram? I was looking through all the brocures and diaries to see if I could find one that matched. The only one that seemed to agree was the 1988 Short Brocure in the reference section.

Have you posted pictures of your boat? I'd love to see it. Mine will be going up as soon as I get it out of the garage.

Jeff

mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2004 at 1:44am
Jeff,

No, my gauges are the same layout as the diagram you posted. The wire run is the same as the diagram with the exception of the postive wires routed to the buss (spent two weeks chasing sparks causing a high temp problem) When I get around to it, I am going to finish diagraming the entire boat to show the new alternator and electronic ignition. This weekend, I am putting in an emergency shut-off switch, so that will be another change to my diagram.

No, I don't have any pictures. I went out to the lake today and took the camera but replacing bunk carpet and running boards on the trailer took a litte longer than I had dayight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic