NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BFC Freestyle videos

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BFC Freestyle videos
    Posted: July-29-2010 at 1:51pm
BFC just posted a new round of freestyle competition videos. Havent looked at all of them yet, but Andre had a couple new tricks that look good...jumping off a slalom ski (going forward) and landing bacerds, and doing a dophin start into bacerds. Good stuff. Supposed to be a bunch of other new tricks in all of the other videos of others, as well.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 3:12pm
The videos are awesome. Andre was talking about some of the stuff he was going to try when he was up here. Nolan has some skills too.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 6:24pm
The videos are great, as aways from Barefoot Central. But boy is it hard to watch them. WMF is a difficult format - no streaming. Ryan, tell Chuck he needs to post them to YouTube and/or as Flash videos.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 6:30pm
I wondered what the deal was Keith. A couple times they loaded right up and ran fine, but most of the time they just stuck.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 6:51pm
Makes you wonder.....

Propping the boom up 10' in the air makes it pretty easy.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

Makes you wonder.....

I hear ya, and have made a similar observation...but I don't think I'd go so far as to say it makes what those guys do "easy". Its still pretty impressive.
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2010 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

Makes you wonder.....

I think its more that those guys are really good and they make the tricks LOOK easy! They are awesome skiers on or off the boom.
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
Furno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Furno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 2:50am
Pretty impressive demonstrations. Kind of makes you want to push a little harder. Any idea how fast they’re going. Looks like they are flying.
Andy

'83 2001
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 3:10am
Andre tricks @ 47-48 mph.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Andre tricks @ 47-48 mph.

Really??!!.. I was wondering about speed myself.   I assumed they were goign faster than 40ish because their feet seem to experience absolutely 0 friction. They look like they have Clark Griswald's cooking spray on their feet. They can just slip 'em around to wherever or however they want. Then they let go of the rope and glide for about 200 yards. When I am footin' I feel like I'm going 27 mph with 100 pounds of rice bags on my back dragging me down even more. I can not think anything could possibly feel more foreign than spinning my feet around to a side slide or doing a 180 or 360. I guess its a combination of the extra speed and oh yea...a tad more talent.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 12:34am
Proper position, proper position, proper position.....and speed
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 11:25am
47-48 is outrageous! But Andre is a pretty big guy, right? Either way, falls at that speed cant be much fun.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2010 at 1:17pm
He's @ 6.0' and 200lbs. Ya that haulin'. Wish I could say I have to go fast because of tricks instead of another reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic