NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#2 trailer work

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 11121314>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 1:47am
Hey Marty; sure would like to visit you guys up there. You know, see the wife, ride in the purple rain, maybe get another drive in the Skylark you know just kinda hang out.
BTW...got a couple rust spots on my trailer....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 2:17am
Come on up with The Godfather at the end of the month!

Anytime--An Open Invitation is waiting for all! Just call ahead of time and We'll leave the BugLite on for ya!
610 Ladford Lane
High Point,NC 27265-2871
(336) 847-8676
These 3 knuckle heads will greet ya with open arms!

Also undecided on which rims to put on the #2.

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 2:22am
cute knuckleheads...

vote for wheel number 2.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 2:25am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

cute knuckleheads...

vote for wheel number 2.

john

+1
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 1:26pm
Thanks to Marty for motivating me to get this done. I was not going to do it because of all the other projects I have going on and I leave on Friday for a week at the beach. Really should have looked at the integrity of the trailer last year and am glad I did not put it off. Could have caused an accident in the condition it was in. It was a lot of work but worth every minute of it. Now I am just waiting for my spinners to come in

Before

After

Love the new decals.

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 2:21am
Well guys, Put The Skylark on the #2 today.
Gonna start with the Bow Stop Tuesday. I hate to say it but I'm not embarassed- I can take it. Hooked the lights up when towing it home, and Those LED's were awful dim. Got home, got the test light, everything checked fine, went to crank the truck and those DANG LED's killed the Battery! Must have a bad ground somewhere . HA! HA! I hear ya now Pete and Tim

I put the Boat futher up this time and it seems to ride OK.

66 Skylark
93 SN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 2:57am
Looks good! Tongue weight OK that way?

Springs & ground clearance look A LOT better...............
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 1:25am
Well-worked 12 hours on the #2 this weekend. Little things, and I found the dead short PeteB !

Also got my 'extensions' on, and think I found a place for the spare tire mount--Maybe.

Bending my prop guard up on Monday,,then it's Touch-up and DECAL Time!
66 Skylark
93 SN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 2:44am
Looking Ship-Shape Marty........!
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 5:10am
Nice when i get my boat up there to white lake well check out my new trailer maybe you could give me any suggestions before the long haul back to FL
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2011 at 1:02am
Looks good Marty,good to see you made it thru the storms too.Everyone else we know ok too I hope.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2011 at 1:57am
Boat looks way cool on that trailer Marty...nice job.

Ditto to what Gary said as to the storms.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2011 at 2:29am
The Storms were pretty crazy........ Our clinic had a nearby tiny creek form a rushing river of water overflowing the banks, the street and came towards our practice. Fortunately it stopped a few feet from our building.... another 10 minutes of rain, and it would have been inside the clinic. We were VERY fortunate!

The crazy thing was the storm hit so fast and hard.....that when it was gone, it was gone...........in 1 hour the water receded, the sun was out and all the floating debris was sunning on the roads..... like it just was dropped out of the sky.......... Clear, bright sunshine for the rest of the afternoon. It was the ultimate in Flash Floods..........

Pics are in front of our practice before the rain really started..... we got out while we still could.........

VERY little damage all told...... our area was VERY fortunate!
DIXIECHICKEN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIXIECHICKEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2011 at 1:33pm
Glad all is ok!! We need a turd floater like that!! Lake Brownwood is 10' below spillway and dropping more each day...
GIG EM!!!
If its hurtin, soak it in cider!!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 2:09am
Almost done Guys! It's been a long journey on this thing. The BoatDr and Morfoot say they're proud of it and me
It just looks funny after seeing it on that tandem trailer for 40 years!

66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 2:39am
outstanding job Marty!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 8:38am
Marty,
Look'n great!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 8:48am
The decals are the best part!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 10:09am
Looks great, Marty!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 10:42am
Marty and Keegan,
The trailers look good. I can't wait to see them next weekend at WL.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 11:01am
Marty,

It only took 13 pages on this forum to get it done. LOL !!!!

Looks great, but is the decal on straight?

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2011 at 12:46am
66 Skylark
93 SN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2011 at 1:59pm
Wow Marty you have been busy! So have I. Ordered new circulation pump, got the old one out, ran new speedo line, reinstalled the pickup and new stabilizer tube, been patching gelcoat and am about ready to wash her up and get her ready for the gathering.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2011 at 3:07pm
I don't want to be a downer here but my drive goes up a little then down from the street so my prop guard will hit just so slightly but if I had my spare tire located where yours is it would not make it.
I'm thinking when you drive in certain situations where you dip up & down that it could scrape ? jmo
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2011 at 4:14pm
Kirk, Yeah, that's what I was checking out. The trailer jack wheel will hit before the tire,, so that will raise the trailer up if it's steep. And the prop guard is there for that reason too. I always check out things before I approach the ramp, fueling stations, etc. But there is always the unavoidable. Thanks for looking out for me
66 Skylark
93 SN
79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 1:27am
Marty Your trailer turned out very nice!

I am trying to find to find the little clips that keep the light wiring to the trailer frame. I know you can find anything, Did you have to replace any on yours? Thanks, Monty
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 2:23am
Monty,you should be able to get them from someplace like Napa.But if your trailer is nice all they do is scratch the paint off and start the rust.Here is what I did,used those stick on cable tie mounts and stapled the wire to the bottom of the bunks.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 8:45am
Monty,
I agree with Gary. Don't use those metal clips. He's correct that they actually have a barb on them that digs into the paint.

I've actually run the wiring in PVC tubing just to keep it in place and prevent it from damage.

Too bad you don't work for one of the phone companies!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 10:59am
My trailer bunks are through bolted to the trailer. The bolt and nut gives a great place to cable tie the wires..... easy, out of the way and cheap..... BTW - I really would encourage a ground wire all along the way......
79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 11:14am
Thanks Guy's, Why didn't I think of that. I think I can come up with those items. I'm trying to get all the lights working again to have it inspected for a homemade trailer as it was never titled. Monty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 11121314>
  Share Topic