NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First time on skis for 40 years

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time on skis for 40 years
    Posted: October-05-2010 at 4:37pm
Good stories. It's great to see people keeping at it. Unbelievable to be barefooting at 71. I got 2 61 year olds up 3 years ago after each had had a long time out. One was my brother. I thought I'd be able to get him back into it, but my neice told me after I'd been encouraging him to go that she and her Mom don't want him to ski anymore. They think he's too old.

Now that I think of it, my wife and I are the oldest skiers in our big extended family. Everyone older has given it up, even my buddy Steve from Asheville that I've been skiing with since about 1970 hasn't gone for 2 summers. He needs tomeet JBear, BF Eddie and Tim B's parents!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 2:10pm
Extremely good exposure on that picture, JB. Either the perfect sun angle or some nice flash work.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Gonne929 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonne929 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2010 at 1:54pm
Great story...I hope I am still skiing at 70!
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2010 at 10:47am
Originally posted by 76tique 76tique wrote:

Took my buddies dad out on the Tique a couple of weeks back. 70 years young, hadn't been on skis in 40 years. But in his words, "Hey, I'm game!!"

Awesome! Good for him!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2010 at 1:09am
Month or so ago me and Eddie took a friend of mine from the ski club, Paul Inman out for a ski. Not exactly sure of his age...believe it is mid-eighties! Took him a couple of tries to get up, unfamiliar ski, but he slalomed all over our lake. Taught Paul to foot on the boom when he was 67. Very cool old dude!

The guy standing inbetween me and the Lurker (my brother Bill) in this picture from this years TN visit is Ralph Shick. Just turned 71 on the 30th of September. Foots all over the lake. Did a couple of double runs with him this year. Ralph was still doing deeps last year..might have given 'em up this summer

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2010 at 12:50am
Took my buddies dad out on the Tique a couple of weeks back. 70 years young, hadn't been on skis in 40 years. But in his words, "Hey, I'm game!!"

Was pretty cool to see

I hope I'm still skiing at 70.

-Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic