Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Video of XV-200 for DONZI fans...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video of XV-200 for DONZI fans...
    Posted: October-04-2010 at 8:14pm
Just thought I'd throw this video clip (link) on here in the "non-Correct Craft" section, since there's been some Donzi talk here in the past and also some talk (mostly by me) about the Cobalt XV-200 I own (the XV-200's were rare Cobalt produced copies of the Donzi Sweet 16. The video is kind of fun, I think, no matter what boats you like. I had always thought footage shot from another boat was very cool. My son clipped scenes filmed from another boat (a Mastercraft X-2) and put in the background music. The song is actually a guitar instrumental that I did a few years back (my other hobby (besides boats) is guitars (/music). Enjoy! Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy4hOsanefA

Hope it works!
Inboards Rule!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 8:21pm
Craig,
Nice vid of the XV but what the hell is that MC doing in it??

BTW, Here's a direct link to your youtube video.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2010 at 9:33pm
I thought I might have to put a disclaimer or something in there about that. It's actually a really nice boat. Although I think that one more is more for wake-boarding and the day we shot this, they had some people that had never seen barefoot skiing, so I volunteered to go. It was really too rough (water) to barefoot and the boat didn't seem to get enough speed to go for a good run. I got in a short run behind that boat without a major crash. Even though it's not known for being primarily a ski boat, the Cobalt is plenty fast to barefoot (for us over 200 lbs people). Going slow for me is more dangerous and sometimes ends up in a nasty crash. I like to go mid 40's and I'm not sure he was getting that when he pulled me with the Mastercraft. But hey, it was a great place to video from!   
Inboards Rule!
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2010 at 12:32am
were those boats small block chevs? fords? velvet drives?   the hulls look pretty choppy water stable
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2010 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

were those boats small block chevs? fords? velvet drives?   the hulls look pretty choppy water stable

351 H/M's running a Volvo O/D. Cobalt even copied the power!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2010 at 12:36am
over here we have our own version..called bermuda cobra..it was produced in the 70´s then ceased production. They were powered mostly with six banger 221 fords with the volvo outdrive..some had local y-block v-8s and not many were v-drives..about 5 years ago they started production again..with mercruiser 4 banger 135hp as std power..
old version

new version
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic